Need the OG advice...

So I am currently employed. Got a new job back in December that was a 31% increase in pay...pretty substantial. The current company recruted me off of linkedin b/c of Six Sigma, they wanted to get a program running (which I am leading). I received a noce sign on bonus however much to my chigrin, there is no yearly bonus.

This company is global so sometimes I have to take late meetings at the home but I pretty much am left alone. My boss is sort of a micro manager... being that she wants things done her way and only her way...but all in all, not bad. I work 7:30-4 everyday with the exception of sometimes later meetings are needed (taken from home).

There is another company I applied to right before I began working here. The position was filled but apparently they are adding another position equivalent. This position would be the same pay (possibly a raise), but they also give a yearly bonus of 12% which is a shit ton of money. My friend who works there loves it but does not work in the department I would be working in....

So, stay or take the risk and bounce?

What risk?

"Left alone" & "micro managed" are exact opposites.

I am an advocate of staying in a job at least one year but if this other position is created, I would apply. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck your boss to establish dominance, then demand 15% yearly. Phone Post 3.0

RosieODonnellsQueef - Fuck your boss to establish dominance, then demand 15% yearly. Phone Post 3.0

stick it driectly in her asshole IMO

what are the other differences? how long are the commute, benefits etc

RosieODonnellsQueef - Fuck your boss to establish dominance, then demand 15% yearly. Phone Post 3.0

She is a hot Asian with a banging body... (no pics)

BarkLikeADog - What risk?

"Left alone" & "micro managed" are exact opposites.

Risk is to get into another company and completely not like it which right now... it is not terrible but not great.

Left alone; yes for the most part.

Micro-managed; sort of (as stated above). Bascially her way is always the best and mine (and anyone is in the group) is not.

So presenting her something, her solution and my solution might be the same, but she would question the way I ascertained it (again presenting her way)...

Does that make sense?

LiveWire - I am an advocate of staying in a job at least one year but if this other position is created, I would apply. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks!

VU

VU to all for the input

cruedi - what are the other differences? how long are the commute, benefits etc

Commute is maybe 5 minute difference.

Benefits at the other company are better.

The other company, I will be working different types of projects

Get a written offer, make sure they're serious. Do your due diligence. Loyalty is generally overrated and unrewarded in today's corporate world.

All things considered, I think you should do eet.

^^ Both VU

DaveFu - Get a written offer, make sure they're serious. Do your due diligence. Loyalty is generally overrated and unrewarded in today's corporate world.

This is very true and unfortunate. I have seen guys spends years at a job just to get constantly shit on and passed over for a promotion.

Work both jobs you lazy good for nothing.

"Micro-managed; sort of (as stated above). Bascially her way is always the best and mine (and anyone is in the group) is not. So presenting her something, her solution and my solution might be the same, but she would question the way I ascertained it (again presenting her way)..."

That's just being an asshole, not micromanaging.

It doesn't sound exceptionally risky given that you are unhappy where you are.