Need to get a car loan TMA

Need an emergency loan as one if my current vehicles needs a repair that's just not worth it. Ive never had a car note Not going over 5k for the loan. Rebuilt my credit from poor to above average. Want it to be about 200 a month for a couple months till I get my tax return to pay it off

What do I need to do. Should I start with my bank? Any info is appreciated Phone Post 3.0

Get a line of credit used car loans usually have a higher interest rate Phone Post

cuzzi - Get a line of credit used car loans usually have a higher interest rate Phone Post
I've heard getting a personal loan is the way to go but even if is AJ for one wont they ask what it's for? Phone Post 3.0

MyUnclesCreepy -
cuzzi - Get a line of credit used car loans usually have a higher interest rate Phone Post
I've heard getting a personal loan is the way to go but even if is AJ for one wont they ask what it's for? Phone Post 3.0
Edit

Ask not AJ

Fuck you apple Phone Post 3.0

you want $200 a month payments on a $5000 loan?

good luck

i do title loans and for $3000 its $180 a month payments

a credit card might be the way to go with that if you can get enough.

I have a line of credit I just went into the bank and asked for one they didn't ask what its for Phone Post

Also with a line of credit u only have to pay the interest each month but just be careful pay it off a soon as possible Phone Post

tunaburn - you want $200 a month payments on a $5000 loan?

good luck

Really? I financed about $15k of my car on a 5 year note and the payments are about $340.

oldnslow -

good luck

Really? I financed about $15k of my car on a 5 year note and the payments are about $340.
Yeah, 200 seems a lot for a 5k loan. I just financed 23k at 419 a month for 5 years Phone Post 3.0

good luck

$200/mo is only a little over a 2yr term depending on the interest which right now is usually pretty low through most banks.

I borrowed $9k and had a $275 payment about 2yrs ago. Hell I borrowed $5k (its been 10 years ago now) and it was only like $185.

Most "title loan" places charge insane interest. Go to a bank.

oldnslow - 

good luck

OP and tunaburn are talking about 2 different things (I think)...

OP wants to get a loan to purchase a new (used) car...

tunaburn does "title loans" which is typically money loaned to someone who already owns a car with their title as collateral.  Title loans have a very high interest rate and a short pay off period.

Voting everyone for the advice Phone Post 3.0

The problem will be finding a 5k car that a bank will actually give you a loan on. Phone Post 3.0

Only issue I'm going to run into is I started a new job on the 7th of this month. I had a job of over 5 years before I took this job so I'm not sure how they will judge me Phone Post 3.0

redmtx - The problem will be finding a 5k car that a bank will actually give you a loan on. Phone Post 3.0
That's why I'm thinking the personal line of credit might be my best route I'm just uneducated on what it is Phone Post 3.0

At the bank to see where this goes Phone Post 3.0

Well left my bank

Look at a minimum of 7500 loan with as low as 2.9 percent to 6 percent interest based on credit. we did 5 percent as a ball park and if be looking at 175 a month for 48months but could make a principal payment down the road of 2 to 5k an then rework the loan

Next we check my girls bank as my bank does not due personal loans but my girls bank does Phone Post 3.0

ryanJ - 
oldnslow - 

good luck

tunaburn does "title loans" which is typically money loaned to someone who already owns a car with their title as collateral.  Title loans have a very high interest rate and a short pay off period.

gotcha. thanks.

oops already been answered

ryanJ - 
oldnslow - 

good luck

thanks for clearing this up

i read the original post as OP needed money to repair his car. my fault im sorry