So over the past year some of my deck boards have rotted through. As it’s starting to cool down now, and the price of lumber is going back down, I figured it’s a good time to start planning.
My deck is roughly 15x16, using 2"x6"x16’ deck boards.
I took a look underneath and the frame looks good. Will know for sure once I pull the boards up.
- Can I stain/seal the boards before installation?
- Is there a correct gap that should be between the boards?
- What do I need to waterproof the area between the deck board and frame?
- Should I seal the frame or do any maintenance to it?
- Any other considerations?