Neil Adams Clinic At OCJTC on January 19th

We will be hosting Neil Adams, 2x Olympic Silver medalist and 4x World medalist and World Champion to our dojo on Sunday January 19th.  If you cross train in judo, and are registered with USA Judo, USJA or USJF, you may attend the 2.5 hour clinic as a participant.  We also have limited spectator seating available (15 seats).  Spectators will be allowed to ask questions during any Q&A and at appropriate times during the training.  You do not need to be registered for the spectator seats.  It begins at 3:00pm and the theme is "Training The New Rules"

There is also some spectator seats left for the private OCJTC session which runs from 12:00pm-2:00pm. Spectator cost for this session is $20

Here is a link to our facebook page announcement on the public session. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=797803363569976&set=a.199216903428628.60740.198717593478559&type=1&theater

That sounds awesome.

Thank you shen.  I wanted to offer a no-gi session for BJJ and MMA guys as well, but I'm not sure how well that would go over on a Sunday evening, even though it is a 3 day holiday weekend. But I think this session is great for the BJJ student who is also training in judo for competition. The private session for our students will be excellent to learn some of the really good basics of judo.

FWIW, I went to a "spur of the moment" Mike Swain seminar a couple years back and it was EXCELLENT, just excellent --and it was FREE!!!

Best seminar deal/experience I have ever had, by far.

Highly recommend this. Couple of the guys from the welsh judo team trained under Neil and their ground games are very good. Rolling juji (armbar) is sick Phone Post 3.0

shen,

I was there as well!  That was the first clinic we did at Gracie Barra Costa Mesa when we started out.  Mike came down to support us in our new endeavour. He is simply a fantastic teacher with flawless judo. It was pretty awesome that we were able to offer that clinic for free. I've known Mike since we were little kids in NJ.  It was supposed to be on gripping, but Mike added some other things as well.

Did you show up for our Ronda Rousey and Rick Hawn clinics?  There were a few BJJ guys there. Back in the day before they were well known.

Outside of Britain,  Neil is usually doing clinics at the behest of the International Judo Federation or National Governing Bodies. He is regarded as one of the leading authorities on judo in the world. Swain and Neil are very good friends and a whole lot of mutual respect there. Check out some of his matches on youtube.

Awesome Phone Post 3.0

Oh, I've seen his matches Youtube. I also have his great Ippon book, "Armlocks". --Great stuff!