Neil Degrasse Tyson as a wrestler

Beast mode!

ajl416az - 
Moke - 
Delorian - 

I didn't think the man could get any more badass.  I was wrong.

Just out of curiosity, what made him badass before?

being insanely intelligent/successful, and furthering the cause of education in America (aka the most important thing that anyone can do to improve our future)

Is he any more intelligent than any other super nerd astrophysicists out there, or is it just because he takes the time to break things down in layman's terms?

I mean is it because he's accessible or has he like come up with his own revolutionary discoveries and theories? Are there new methods or theories named after him?

btw, now that I see he was a wrestler, I agree he's badass for a physicist, but I'm trying to pin down why he was badass previously.

Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias - 

I heard he was a master of gaining a psychological edge against those he wrestled against. For example, he would often do the "we got a badass over here!" gesture in the middle of a match, which would throw his opponent completely off. Phone Post

This. He was also know for riling up his opponents by reeling off some astrophysics facts and then following up by saying, "...but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you dumb dumb?".

I had zero idea he was a wrestler. Amazing!!!! Phone Post 3.0

Moke -
ajl416az - 
Moke - 
Delorian - 

being insanely intelligent/successful, and furthering the cause of education in America (aka the most important thing that anyone can do to improve our future)

Is he any more intelligent than any other super nerd astrophysicists out there, or is it just because he takes the time to break things down in layman's terms?

I mean is it because he's accessible or has he like come up with his own revolutionary discoveries and theories? Are there new methods or theories named after him?

btw, now that I see he was a wrestler, I agree he's badass for a physicist, but I'm trying to pin down why he was badass previously.

A lot of it has to do him being so well spoken and kind along with his pushing of education across the board in the US. A lot of physicists in sure support the same stuff but he's doing something about it. Phone Post

Always listen to these. http://www.startalkradio.net/

Moke - 
ajl416az - 
Moke - 
Delorian - 

he is more of an educator then a researcher/scientist

hes primarily known for writing books/speaking publicly/being in the media to explain things in a way regular people can understand.

best part of him is how positive he is, and how he doesnt push science as a dogma or act like being intellectually superior makes him better, he just wants everyone to know that science is a tool that is for all of our benefit and to know more about it

HA! AWESOME! !! Phone Post

De Grasse and Dawkins comment...

ajl416az -
Moke - 
ajl416az - 
Moke - 
Delorian - 

he is more of an educator then a researcher/scientist

hes primarily known for writing books/speaking publicly/being in the media to explain things in a way regular people can understand.

best part of him is how positive he is, and how he doesnt push science as a dogma or act like being intellectually superior makes him better, he just wants everyone to know that science is a tool that is for all of our benefit and to know more about it

Vtfu Phone Post

Thanks guys.

Definition of alpha.

caseharts -
Delorian -

Wrestling in space Phone Post

He is the man. For sure. Phone Post

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/Caddock/badassndgt.jpg

The Black Cheez - Wow, this is awesome. Phone Post
!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

haha, those are cool pics. i like the 2nd one with planets and stars on his shirt. that dude knew what the fuck he wanted to do.

Moke -
Delorian - 

His ability to smash down idiots , stupid hypothesis, and conspiracies with sharp wit and tons of brilliance. Phone Post

I can listen to that man talk for hours on end. Phone Post 3.0

igotfrozordfortrainingtrane - 
Moke -
Delorian - 

His ability to smash down idiots , stupid hypothesis, and conspiracies with sharp wit and tons of brilliance. Phone Post

I'm sure most astrophysicists could do that as they are sciences' brightest. However, given that he has a background in wrestling as well, he has had the advantage of knowing that in his circles, he can with 100% certainty, kick everyone's ass in the room. Having the life experience of wrestling and the physical dominance it carries, has certainly afforded him the confidence to freely and frankly speak his mind in his circles. Of course that has to be backed up by being very smart and correct.