Neon's Weekly NFL Picks

Hi OG

In addition to my well-chronicled drinking problem, I also have a mild gambling problem. I will post my weekly NFL picks in this thread. I should have started this thread in Week 1, but fuck it.

Picks are highlighted in yellow.

I like the ATL pick Phone Post 3.0

All picks represent real money, incidentally.

I'm also a gigantic skunk, so simply inverting my selections should yield anyone a nice profit.

I like those Detroit and Chicago picks. I expect Forte to have a big week. With Detroit, I look for them to try to get the running game going, but will ultimately go back to what they do best and chuck that ball down field. Phone Post 3.0

I feel shaky about the Raiders pick, but they did play New ENgland pretty hard in Week 3...

what's a skunk (besides the obvious black and white furred animal)?

I like the format you've laid your picks out in. Won't those spreads change?

comeacrossclean - what's a skunk (besides the obvious black and white furred animal)?

I like the format you've laid your picks out in. Won't those spreads change?

A skunk is a bettor who puts his stink on any team he bets on, thereby destroying their chances of success. For example, in Week 2, I as I put money on the Seahawks to beat the spread against the Chargers, I declared (sort of humourously) that I was basically sacrificing money to see how the Seahawks couldn't win by more than 4.5 against the Bolts. Sure enough, they lost straight up, covered in my stink.

The lines and spreads will change, but the table represents what I've locked in. Once a bet is made, the propostition is not subect to change.

Thank you for explaining!

Only problem I have is it doesn't indicate home team Phone Post 3.0

The Red Arrow - I like those Detroit and Chicago picks. I expect Forte to have a big week. With Detroit, I look for them to try to get the running game going, but will ultimately go back to what they do best and chuck that ball down field. Phone Post 3.0
Look elsewhere. The jets front is legit. The corners not so much. All about Calvin and Tate this week. Phone Post 3.0

Niners are 5.5 favorites over philly????
Must be in San Fran huh?
I'll be taking that Phone Post 3.0

neonbelly - 

I feel shaky about the Raiders pick, but they did play New ENgland pretty hard in Week 3...

I'm taking the Raiders too this week...

I'm also thinking about Jacksonville for a shot! (most likely a shot in my face)

That's why I think they will try to get the running game going, but resort back to chucking that ball. Maybe some play actions on 2nd down to keep them on their toes? Just making a prediction. The question, I guess, is what to the Lions have to worry about with the Jets offense? The Lions defense is great. 2nd in the league against the run and Darius Slay has stepped up as a great CB. He was on Jordy, this past Sunday, like flies on shit. It makes the opposing teams throw to the other side of the field, where the 2 safeties and other CB, Rasean Mathis or Gorrer, will be. I would even dare to say that OLB Deandre Levy is as good as a Clay Mathews. Phone Post 3.0

Shit. Was replying to Pat Giles. Phone Post 3.0

oiuhoiuh

Big Pookie -
neonbelly - 

I'm taking the Raiders too this week...

I'm also thinking about Jacksonville for a shot! (most likely a shot in my face)
VU....69...lol
Anyways, the Dolphins have seen better days. I got a BleacherReport alert with a video talking about Jim Harbaugh going to coach Miami after this season in San Fran. Will see, but idk still if I would pick Oakland. Phone Post 3.0

Green bay Will win and win big. The bears secondary is patch work be careful. Phone Post 3.0

The Red Arrow - That's why I think they will try to get the running game going, but resort back to chucking that ball. Maybe some play actions on 2nd down to keep them on their toes? Just making a prediction. The question, I guess, is what to the Lions have to worry about with the Jets offense? The Lions defense is great. 2nd in the league against the run and Darius Slay has stepped up as a great CB. He was on Jordy, this past Sunday, like flies on shit. It makes the opposing teams throw to the other side of the field, where the 2 safeties and other CB, Rasean Mathis or Gorrer, will be. I would even dare to say that OLB Deandre Levy is as good as a Clay Mathews. Phone Post 3.0
7-9 7-9. Lions fan for 20 years. 7-9. Phone Post 3.0

^ Nope...their last half of the schedule is rough, though. 10-6, 11-5, IMO. They're only getting better. 2nd ranked defense and plagued with injuries. The front 4, plus vicious LBs, make up for Slay being a good CB and lack of the rest. IMO....if Slay is on someone, the safeties and other CB(s) have the rest. You sound a lot like my father-in-law, though...lol Phone Post 3.0

Well, the Redskins sure stunk it up...