Nerd Question Of The Day - Royal Rumble

bruised - Sagiv, maybe this has been asked before, but why no poll? I'd like to see what the final tally is for each NQOTD. Phone Post 3.0

The reason for not doing polls is that polls (at least on this site) lock you in at the beginning. In NQOTD, it's common to go into it thinking one thing, but after hours of furious debate (arguing) people change their mind and that change wouldn't be reflected in the poll. I think it would change the "feel" of it for the worse.

Toss up between heihachi and king

They're the only dudes that can grapple,and we all know how that goes Phone Post

I like lots of those characters, but a look at who Ryu Hayabusa has beaten over the years suggests he's a grown man and the rest of this field are premature infants.

You can throw out everyone except Bison and Liu Kang and possibly Kasumi and Yoshimitsu since they don't do magic. Kasumi's and Yoshi's magic is limited to teleporting behind people to smack them, and that's about it.

Liu turns into a dragon and shoots fireballs, Bison can do the electric torpedo and fly.

Ryu can shoot about 10 different kinds of magic, including one that makes it almost impossible to hit him (firewheels), and he has slaughtered huge demons and gigantic monsters like it's his job. Come to think of it, it IS his job :-P

Look at Liu Kang's little 10 foot tall dragon, and then watch Ryu in these clips against 100 foot tall dragons, and tell me if LK (the biggest threat in the batch, IMO) has a chance, even in dragon form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq1zNONPUz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BupqyBPDFc0

Now, if all you're doing is going by Hayabusa's fighting game abilities, it gets a LOT more interesting :-P From what little I know of various fighting games, the "tier" for given characters changes game to game (for example, Kasumi was top tier for most DOA games, but not in #4 or #5 or s/t like that), but he's been at or near the top tier DOA for most of the series.

Joshua King - Mike Bison Phone Post 3.0

Sorry but this had me cracking up

Never knew bison's first name Phone Post

None So Blind - I like lots of those characters, but a look at who Ryu Hayabusa has beaten over the years suggests he's a grown man and the rest of this field are premature infants.

You can throw out everyone except Bison and Liu Kang and possibly Kasumi and Yoshimitsu since they don't do magic. Kasumi's and Yoshi's magic is limited to teleporting behind people to smack them, and that's about it.

Liu turns into a dragon and shoots fireballs, Bison can do the electric torpedo and fly.

Ryu can shoot about 10 different kinds of magic, including one that makes it almost impossible to hit him (firewheels), and he has slaughtered huge demons and gigantic monsters like it's his job. Come to think of it, it IS his job :-P

Look at Liu Kang's little 10 foot tall dragon, and then watch Ryu in these clips against 100 foot tall dragons, and tell me if LK (the biggest threat in the batch, IMO) has a chance, even in dragon form:

Now, if all you're doing is going by Hayabusa's fighting game abilities, it gets a LOT more interesting :-P From what little I know of various fighting games, the "tier" for given characters changes game to game (for example, Kasumi was top tier for most DOA games, but not in #4 or #5 or s/t like that), but he's been at or near the top tier DOA for most of the series.

Werewolf, motherfucker!

Daredevil73 - 
None So Blind - I like lots of those characters, but a look at who Ryu Hayabusa has beaten over the years suggests he's a grown man and the rest of this field are premature infants.

Werewolf, motherfucker!

Video of Ryu slaughtering a 20 foot tall werewolf demon lord with 4 arms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXRXJqi3ZXU

;-)

El_Varaco - 
Joshua King - Mike Bison Phone Post 3.0

Sorry but this had me cracking up

Never knew bison's first name Phone Post

Balrog was supposed to be M.Bison aka Mike Tyson.  They changed up the name on the US version.

Liu Kang.

Ryu by rape

For NoneSoBlind

/thread

another vote for ryu hayabusa

zackthewop - Liu Kang

Dude can turn into a dragon Phone Post 3.0
And also, if someone kills him, he's going to come back as a zombie that's more powerful than when he was alive. Everyone does to the sound of liu kangs random high pitched screams. Phone Post 3.0

Yoshimitsu could disappear till one man is left, probably Ryu or Bison and then kill them. Therefore I say Yoshi

However if I'm controlling the Royal Rumble the winner is Mitsurugi because I destroy all with him! Phone Post 3.0

Does anybody else on this list have a 100% combo? Ryu Hayabusa usually needs to beat on things for a while to kill them...

If not, King by rolling death cradle. Also, as a wrestler, he is the most familiar with the Royal Rumble format.

But if I'm holding the controller, probably the guy who can parry bullets with iaido, and has crossed swords with Vader and lived. Mitsurugi!!

I'll also go with Ryu..... Or me playing Heihachi!!! Phone Post 3.0

Meohfumado - Does anybody else on this list have a 100% combo? Ryu Hayabusa usually needs to beat on things for a while to kill them...

If not, King by rolling death cradle. Also, as a wrestler, he is the most familiar with the Royal Rumble format.

But if I'm holding the controller, probably the guy who can parry bullets with iaido, and has crossed swords with Vader and lived. Mitsurugi!!
Yoshimitsu has like a 75% 1 shot, but it involves stabbing himself in the stomach and falling out of the air on somone Phone Post 3.0

What's the rules for a ring out? Once thrown out of bounds, are the guys with teleportation and flying abilities allowed to come back in or are they eliminated at that point as per regular pro wrestling rules?

If it's elimination once moved out of bounds, King is in his element and is going to be tossing fools all over the place and bullying them to the edge for the win. If they're allowed to recover, I'll jump on the Ryu bandwagon.

Everyone has a plan until they take a fireball to the face. Liu has a lot of tools and ryu is just plain powerful. As a die hard MK fan I say its either one of those guys. Phone Post

I would think not knowing how to fight in 3D may be a disadvantage to some of these fighters...