Nerve block for big toe being ingrown is not fun..

Nothing says fun times after a long day of work like getting a giant needle in your big toe. Phone Post 3.0

pics? i dig mine out...sucks Phone Post 3.0

elbigsam - pics? i dig mine out...sucks Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0

Did they take half of it off or the whole thing? I used to get them all the time.

The best thing you can do is push some cotton under the nail corner to relieve the pressure.

TryhardNobody - I cut mine diagonal then rip it. Hurts like fuck for cpl seconds then pain is gone

Yep. I remember being young and my parents paid for a Podiatrist couple of times - total waste of money. Ended up getting a local and half my toenail chopped out with a GP - after that this technique has been the way to go.

Do you have larger picture so that we can better asses the situation?  I can barely make out the individual atoms in that picture and I need to be able to see down to the lepton level.

CoughSyrupOD -

Do you have larger picture so that we can better asses the situation?  I can barely make out the individual atoms in that picture and I need to be able to see down to the lepton level.

Sorry. On the iPhone and can't control the pictures that are released with this pain. Phone Post 3.0

Used to get them all the time. I'll try to find a pic I had of the splatter on a door from when my toe exploded...nasty shit

Finally resolved by podiatrist at El Toro & Margarite (you're the guy that lives by there, right? Rambacher or sumthin). He found bone spurs on both big toes that caused the nails to curve at the ends and grow inward. Ground out the spurs, and no problems since...

BTW, nerve blocks and cauterizing the nail root didn't help...

Used to get them on both sides of both big toes as a kid. I was a catcher in little league and after every game I would have to cut my socks off because of the dried blood and puss. Went to a dr 3 times who cut them out with what looked like side cutters without numbing me at all. Finally went to another dr. He did surgery and never had another problem. Phone Post 3.0

KGB4HD - BTW, nerve blocks and cauterizing the nail root didn't help...
My Dr actually cut the roots out. My nails grow longer but not wider. If that makes sense lol Phone Post 3.0

Never_rolled -
nevertap - Used to get them on both sides of both big toes as a kid. I was a catcher in little league and after every game I would have to cut my socks off because of the dried blood and puss. Went to a dr 3 times who cut them out with what looked like side cutters without numbing me at all. Finally went to another dr. He did surgery and never had another problem. Phone Post 3.0

Pretty much my story. Second doc had to go down to the bone. The first needle is the worst. My experience is going conservative on both sides didn't work. They always came back.
Yep. Get them cut out and be done with it. I swear it seemed that the first dr enjoyed it. That was over 30 years ago and I'm still looking for his ass. Phone Post 3.0

KGB4HD - Used to get them all the time. I'll try to find a pic I had of the splatter on a door from when my toe exploded...nasty shit

Finally resolved by podiatrist at El Toro & Margarite (you're the guy that lives by there, right? Rambacher or sumthin). He found bone spurs on both big toes that caused the nails to curve at the ends and grow inward. Ground out the spurs, and no problems since...
Yup. I am at trabuco and lake forest. Good feedback. I will check it out. Phone Post 3.0

I don't understand what's going on Phone Post 3.0

I have some kinda fucked up pictures of the surgery they did to my toe.
They basically did to my toe what they did  to Wandy and nick diaz's eye brows.

basically they gave my badly ingrown toenail-toe a facelift by removing about 20 years of scar tissue build up AND some to ensure it never happened again. 

I was doing muay thai and some dude accidently stomped it which made it unbearable and something had to be done.

If I can find them I will share, Phone Post 3.0

FRAT version:
Harlem got declawed Phone Post 3.0

My friend is a paramedic and years ago I had him cut one I had out. Not fun Phone Post 3.0

NerveBlock - My bad. Phone Post 3.0

Good post

I got to perform a few nerve blocks/ big toe nail removals when I was in the ARMY. It was a super cool learning experience, but got DAYAM I would never want that shit done!