Netflix cancelled Lillyhammer?

What in the world are they thinking? Phone Post 3.0

Season 3 was not as good as Season 2, the show in my eyes was trending downward. Really cool premise and execution for the show though, very original concept.

I think it had to do with  with the Norwegian broadcaster that involved. It was apparently not a good business deal.

Loved that show. Didn't like the direction it was headed tho. Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin - 

I think it had to do with  with the Norwegian broadcaster that involved. It was apparently not a good business deal.

Yea I had read Netflix had some kind of paid agreement for them not to release the show by a certain date or to not release them to certain markets.  They were basically doing whatever they wanted and ignoring the agreement.

There was a season 3?? Phone Post 3.0

It was a fun show but I thought it would have made sense to wrap it after season 2 Phone Post 3.0

Loved the show. I'm happy with 3 seasons, I suppose Phone Post 3.0

A lot of it had to do with Netflix and NRK1 (Norweigen broadcaster) having issues over distribution.

Netflix wants global distribution rights for anything they brand as an original series, and their model is to release all episodes in a season at once so subscribers can binge-watch.

The broadcaster was pissed that all episodes in a season were released before the season had finished airing on TV or released on Norway's Netflix.

The show in Norway also saw some declining ratings and the critical response was down for season 3 also.

I thought the show was kind of lame and cliched.

One of the problems they had with distribution was the product placement in the show- it's illegal under Norwegian laws

I just wish they had an ending of some kind Phone Post 3.0

Just started it and I’m liking it very much.

such a great show. so many laughs and interesting characters. well cast

one of my favorite series!