Never thought of this....

Right before Jon Jones got into that hit and run, I never thought we would see 3 new champions in the ufc by July.

Werdum

Cormier

McGregor (well interim, but he will take Aldo now imo)...

Still shocked Jones is not in the UFC and Velasquez was defeated the way he was!

Thoughts?? Phone Post 3.0

Velasquez was unproven even with wins over a few top fighters. Cormier unfortunately did not fare well against the true champ. McGregor has not beaten Aldo.

MrBobGray -
attjack - Velasquez was unproven even with wins over a few top fighters. Cormier unfortunately did not fare well against the true champ. McGregor has not beaten Aldo.
He said unproven lmao. Phone Post 3.0
People thought Cain was all time, and his style could beat a prime Fedor.... I still think he was/is great and will get the belt once more most likely, but he wasn't on the goat level imo Phone Post 3.0

MrBobGray - 
attjack - Velasquez was unproven even with wins over a few top fighters. Cormier unfortunately did not fare well against the true champ. McGregor has not beaten Aldo.

2 opponents in 5 years. Then he got destroyed. Before that he did have some impressive wins. But I think you see my point.

Velasquez will be back as champ soon, right when JBJ comes back he'll win the belt again, and Conor will be real champ for a while Phone Post 3.0

MrBobGray -
attjack -
MrBobGray - 

2 opponents in 5 years. Then he got destroyed. Before that he did have some impressive wins. But I think you see my point.
No I don't. He earned his shot and won it. What part of that is unproven just because he lost his belt. Phone Post 3.0
I think he means he wasn't a champ on Jon jones level or Andersons or aldos. His lack of opponents and ring time can lead to those assumptions I think Phone Post 3.0

I honestly think MMA is more exciting right now that it has been in several years because of these developments. Phone Post 3.0

rrefs - 
MrBobGray -
attjack -
MrBobGray - 

No I don't. He earned his shot and won it. What part of that is unproven just because he lost his belt. Phone Post 3.0
I think he means he wasn't a champ on Jon jones level or Andersons or aldos. His lack of opponents and ring time can lead to those assumptions I think Phone Post 3.0

That is what I mean. Cain is a very skilled fighter. But a lot of questions remain. He did not exactly rule the roost like a GSP.