Never understood champs being in a tournament

shouldn't the winner of the tournament get a title shot?

What if the champ is beat within the tournament? It doesn't count as a title match because it is part of it?

Either way, I am still excited to see this.

Apparently it wasn't originally the plan, but Overeem's management told Coker that Alistair wanted to fight in the tournament.

Everyone is getting hung up on the word "tournament."

ArtWanderlei - What if the champ is beat within the tournament? It doesn't count as a title match because it is part of it?

It does count because it's a 5 round title fight. Then the next #1 contender fights for the title in the next round.

I think they should take out Reem and have him fight the winner. It would make most sense... they could put in fuck walker or lashley. of course they dont have much other HWs

Ubereem Kills, but how funny would it be for AA to run the table?

So the title could change hands 3 times within the TOURNAMENT?  TOURNAMENT man I am really hung up on that (whatever that even means)

Yes, the title will be on the line in every fight involving the champion.

orcus, your SN reminds me of a Zelda character.  Maybe one of the dungeon bosses should have been named orcus.

disbeliever - I think its cool a champ doesn't want a pass. He wants to fight the best.

agree. much respect for The Reem. I like that the winner of the tournament will be the HW champ. And love that the champ is willing to prove he can defend against and conquer all.

If Reem loses he should get a match with whoever wins it.

reem wants the challenge and I can respect the hell out of that, from the sound of it his interest in the tourney will ensure he participates all the way through

Billyz - reem wants the challenge and I can respect the hell out of that, from the sound of it his interest in the tourney will ensure he participates all the way through

He's a gamer, a true warrior. The #2 ranked HW behind Fedor Emelianenko, without question

ArtWanderlei -  orcus, your SN reminds me of a Zelda character.  Maybe one of the dungeon bosses should have been named orcus.

Close enough. Goat headed demon from D&D.

This is like putting Diesel in the 1995 King of the Ring.

I think it is great actually, I just though it was weird when Silva did it in PRIDE.

Squared, you are always on the ball champ!

I think it is great actually, I just though it was weird when Silva did it in PRIDE.

Squared, you are always on the ball champ!

maybe I am not used to it because it is something WWE wouldn't do.

Fedor will grind Allistair's bones to make his bread if they wind up fighting.