new 10th Planet brown belt

wow, art, that was simple

"How well has 10th Planet sport jitz done against top competition? "

i recall eddie beating some brazilian guy, but the name escapes me.  and i think scott epstein ran through three black belts at one tourney while he was a purple, but that could be a rumor. i might be forgetting the time that einstein beat useless twice, but you guys dont think highly of laimon anyways.  so i guess strebendt beating crunkliton at the westside sub tourney doesnt count either.  come to think of it, we havent done shit.

Not sure how you can award belts if you don't train gi.

Congrats to Shegeki! Rolling with him is always a privelage.

Cockneyblue.

It's a representation of rank.

Do you really think the Military uses ribbons and medals when going to war? Hmmm.. let's think about that one..

we do have colored shirts. you will never see anyone in a black tenth planet shirt but eddie and the girls he fucks.  i have a purple shirt, but i cant have a brown cause i am not a brown belt.

one day we will let go of the ranking system, but for right now it is a great motivating tool. as well, for me, when i get my black belt, it is a credential to put on my jiu jitz resume, rather than just saying i trained under him for many years

ryan, our team is new. how have roger gracies students done in mma?  how have marcellos students done?  oh wait, it takes about ten years to build a solid team full of monsters unless you import them all.  give us time.  chambers had a ufc fight he had to turn down because of a tv show he booked (the money was much better). strebendt fought and won many times in cage rage and did extremely well against thompson in the ufc.  karo has been training with us and thanked us after his win against the goat.  remember salaverry winning with an anaconda from the back? do you know where he was training at before that fight? 

brandon vera is a regular at our gym. he is pretty damn good.  yes, he does most of his jiu jitz with fowler in san diego, but when getting ready for a fight he is at our gym everyday working his hands with Kaman and rolling around with us in class.  

name some other gyms that sees that much talent

congrats shigeki, I know he probably doesn't read
this forum (or english) very often. but yeah congrats
or something

lol

Shigeks is the man. Congrats and well deserved!!!

Hey check, nice to see you back on the UG.

Congrats to Shigeki! I have no idea if he remembers me but he was very cool in helping me out when i first started.

btw, sigeki's got good ramen at his restaurant. try the spicy #2 to get on the wall of fame.
http://www.orochonramen.com/

hey vince, i couldnt resist the free advertising. 

i may go to his restaurant one of these days

hey brent,

it's actually pretty good.

btw, thanks for the help with old school. i still suck at the whip (seems like a timing issue), but i'm hitting old school on the blues i roll with now.

if i don't get the whip, i just crunch in on my sideso my elbow touches my knee.

CONGRATS SHAGEKI!!

"name some other gyms that sees that much talent"

BTT, Chute Boxe, MFS, A Square, Yoshida Dojo, Grabaka, Nova Uniao, Gracie Barra Combat Team, American Top Team, WK Network...

"Do you really think the Military uses ribbons and medals when going to war? Hmmm.. let's think about that one."

The Marines have a belt system for their combatitives.

congrats

i think dave terrell's school give out belt in his no-gi school.