new amatuer mma rules for ga...

Damn that's odd! I think no elbows is a good rule, but I'd like to keep the knees to the head.

I'm going to have to roll with a headgear on to see how hard it is. It might change my mind about that. but not the rest of the rules stated on this thread.

but the proposed rules don't include use of headgear...

EdHsu is right. They don't list headgear in the rule changes.

Here are the proposed changes:

Amateur MMA bouts will consist of three 3-minute rounds with a one

minute rest period in between rounds.

90-2-04

? Mouth guard

? Open finger gloves (minimum 7 oz.)

? Groin protection (male and female)

? Shin pads

? Instep pads

? Breast protection (female)

90-2-05

(1)LEGAL TECHNIQUES WHILE STANDING

? Closed hand strikes to head and body

? Kicking to body

? Knees to body and legs

? Throws/Take downs/Sweeps

? Standing Submissions

? Chokes

? Armbars

? Shouldering

(2)LEGAL TECHNIQUES WHILE ON THE GROUND

? Closed hand strikes to body and legs

? Submissions (chokes, armbars, straight leg locks ONLY)

(3)ILLEGAL TECHNIQUES WHILE STANDING

? Elbows

? Knees to head -Kicks to Head

? Kicks to knees

? Stomps on feet

? Groin strikes

? Hitting back of head

? Spine strikes

? Slamming

? Throws onto head or neck

? Throws against a joint

? Throwing out of competition area

? Neck cranks

? Holding ropes

? Pinching, biting, gouging, and any "dirty fighting"

(4)ILLEGAL TECHNIQUES WHILE ON GROUND

? Any striking to head

? Elbows

? Neck cranks

? Heel hooks

? Finger locks

? Toe locks

? Choking with hand on throat

? Smothering (hand over mouth)

? Spine locks

? Hammer locks

? Fish hooks

? Groin strikes

? Spine strikes

? Slamming

? Throwing out of competition area

? Pinching, biting, gouging, and any "dirty fighting"

(5)ADDITIONAL ITEMS

? If punch or kick causes a knockdown, the action will NOT

continue. The standing fighter will not continue to attack.

Instead, the referee will begin a 10 count. The standing fighter

must go to a neutral corner during the count.

? No Vaseline on the body

-No shoes

-No shirts for male contestants

-No metal zippers on shorts

LOL, once again another thread dedicated to "don't confuse me with the fact, my mind is made up"...

I'm not in favor of no punching to the head on the ground, 7oz gloves, shin and instep pads, and the 10 count.

Safty is very important.

AGAIN LET ME STATE THIS AGAIN. AMMY GA FIGHTERS ARE HAPPY WITH WHAT WE GOT. DO YOU THINK FOR A SECOND WE DONT KNOW PROMOTERS ARE MAKING BANK ON US? WE DONT NEED YOUR PROTECTION THIS ISNT BOXING DONT TREAT IT THAT WAY.

Please quit trying to protect us, we know what is going on we are happy this is why we have some of the toughest fighters in the country. We have a good sanctioning body(s) and great refs; who know what they are doing. None of us have ever been seriously injured or asked for rule changes. Yes, I know promoters will continue to make money off us and thats fine with us. Dont act like we dont know whats goin on. We train to fight, quit trying to change that. If we get angry with our current situation we would just turn pro or quit.

But we are prolly screwed anyway so sorry for the rant

Silhouette, easy on the we, you are an I and speak for only yourself.

Really Candy Man whats your record? Not trying to be a dick are you a fighter? or just trying to make an arguement. Or are you one of the old men who want to fight but would like the rules to more "safe" Candy Man i know we have connections to the same people, Hell i prolly know you. But Please look at this from our point of view.

I have talked to many many fighters about this from around the state and I know for a fact that EVERY single one has said the rule changes are complete BS. There is not a single fighter at my gym that is for the rule changes.

Go to the Amateur rules-Changes Brewing thread where plenty of fighters are calling BS on the rule changes.

Show me one fighter in this state who is for the rule changes?

Casey,

Will I see you at the meeting?

thanks,
jc

yes sir i will be there.

K. They are starting it at 11 and going to give us 5 minutes each to speak. I have the feeling they are going to be pissed when it's after 2 before they get to each lunch because of everyone speaking.

I plan on eating a really late breakfast myself.

Changing the rule set will enable other fighters who normally wouldn't fight professionally to try out amateur MMA.

If you are comfortable with the professional rules, and would prefer to fight under them...turn pro

These MMA rule changes in GA both in AM and PRO status are goin to make it difficult to motivate or recommend big promotions to come here.

You do realize that these rules are only for amateurs and don't affect professional bouts at all? So why would they effect a pro promoter from coming to the state....

Not just the rules there is more than that on the table, in short the boxing commsion is taking over mma and that means all assigments for an mma show will go through them both for Am/Pro and that will have an effect ....... refs, docs, judges, etc.

"As it should be. I see guys fighting in pro events that have no business in the cage at all. It should be harder to be a pro. It will help keep people from getting seriously hurt. And it makes the sport look better as a whole when both guys are compatent athletes, not one athlete vs some slob looking to make $100 bucks fighting. They should also have rules for matchups for ammys like they do in Golden gloves. As in a guy with less then five fights can only fight guys with less then five fights. this would help keep things more fair. It will keep mr 35-2 from fighting mr 1-2."

EXACTLY

Let's see...NJ uses these rules...no Big Promotions here? IFL, Bodog etc?