New android app

Used it for a few minutes. At first glance it looks fine however those few minutes of use was frustrating. The scrolling is awful. It only scrolls up the length of the swipe of my thumb versus swiping and having it scroll freely for a few posts. Also, pressing the back button on my phone just exits the app rather than returning to the previous page. So if I click on a thread, painfully scroll through while reading it and then press my back button, it goes to my phones home screen. The old app and even the discourse app takes me back to the thread list (as it should). Hopefully this is something that can be fixed.

I know you an click the small “otherground” text at the top but on a large phone it gets annoying as I have to use my other hand to do it.

So far the discourse app crushes it but I’m hopeful these things can be adjusted.

Havent seen any other threads on the android app yet so feel free to list any other complaints here.

1 Like

tech troubleshooting GIF

1 Like

The top men’s method of fixing things for the last 20 years.

1 Like

On it. As I said in the site-wide sticky, we are treating this as a beta release. We really wanted to have a larger audience to figure out all the bugs. I am keeping a list of issues and they will be addressed.

1 Like

Agreed. I used it for a couple minutes and then went back to using my browser app

Silly me. Thought that sticky was just a notice that the new app was out. Never clicked on it so didnt realize it was an on going thread. Even though you’re a top man, I appreciate how helpful you’ve been during this new transition @Chris.

I’ll leave my comments over there if it hasnt been addressed then.

1 Like

I have been having the same experiences as Kings. The scrolling functionality is what sticks out as most annoying. That said, I’m very appreciative of the app update for Android.

1 Like