new artwork, Rousey and Weidman

Rousey (work in progress) 8x10" copic markers:

finished:

Weidman, graphite sketch card (2.5x3.5" baseball card sized)

see all my mma artwork at http://www.bradutterstrom.com

Was starting to get that up and then dinner was ready so I didn't offer any explanation or anything. The Weidman is a sketch card which is what I draw 95% of the time these days. However, I hardy ever do graphite for finished drawings.

The Rousey is a commission for a customer, her face and body is mostly done but I have lots to do on her belt. I'm actually going to color it gold so we'll see how that goes. Not sure what I'm doing with the background, if I'm going to work that any more.

Also, if you're curious about my work I posted my website above, and just this month I started shooting videos talking mostly about sketch cards. If you're interested in learning what sketch cards are or hearing about  my artwork process and progress, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC06o-A_C4EvfzVP5Y3rK3oQ/videos

quick update on the Honda, colored the belt. Gonna at least tighten up some details on her, but I'm kinda thinking I'm gonna leave everything in the background looking unfinished, so that she is the focus and everything else just kinda fades back

Rousey is finished:

I watched some time lapse videos on YouTube of people doing this type of realistic drawing. You should make one. That would be awesome. Phone Post 3.0

bradu - 

Rousey is finished:

Why you no draw her naked?

I can't fap to this....

Really good

Serious Silva - I watched some time lapse videos on YouTube of people doing this type of realistic drawing. You should make one. That would be awesome. Phone Post 3.0

I will, when I figure out how. I just started doing videos this month, and at this point I don't do any editing, just upload it straight from my phone. But it's on my to do list for sure!

I wonder if Zuffa or the UFC will give you shit about selling this with the UFC logo so prominent. Unless of course your just showcasing it.
Great drawing tho. Props on the art skills.
VU Phone Post 3.0

Outstanding Phone Post 3.0

you got allowd to do what?

Damn son, you have skills. Keep at it Phone Post 3.0

It never occurred to me that showing the UFC belt would be any different. But I've been doing Mma artwork for well over a decade now without a problem. And ive been working on topps ufc products for a couple years now. It might be different if I were mass producing large prints and charging hundreds of dollars, who knows. But I'm not. Phone Post

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Awesome as usual vu Phone Post 3.0

Beautiful work! Phone Post 3.0

bradu - It never occurred to me that showing the UFC belt would be any different. But I've been doing Mma artwork for well over a decade now without a problem. And ive been working on topps ufc products for a couple years now. It might be different if I were mass producing large prints and charging hundreds of dollars, who knows. But I'm not. Phone Post
Well I'm of the opinion that if your reproducing logos and other corporate owned "property" - not by using their logo in PC graphic form but by drawing it yourself, then you should be able to profit off of that.
It's still your hard work and it's free promotion for them. I just know some companies are touchy like that with their so called"property".
The topps stuff I'm sure is licensed with Zuffa somehow. But that's a cool gig.
Good work man, hope you get more business out of this kind of art. Phone Post 3.0

Dana be like

Musashi - It looks like Dana is getting creepy on Ronda. Very realistic!
Lolol that's all I can see when I look at the Ronda pic Phone Post 3.0

Looks good. Just wondering why Josh Burkman is putting the belt on Ronda? Phone Post 3.0