New Bass Day

Only took 2 weeks to get here. I thought I was going to be waiting a lot longer. 

New bass day

New bass day!!

4 Likes

Nice bass, buddy. What kind of music do you play?

Awesome man! Enjoy. I have a crappy bass i bought to learn to play, i have not put in any time or effort. :( 

Cool!

I bought a new bass a few weeks ago. A Glarry --80 bucks. It's amazing for the price.

1 Like

Thought this was going to be a fishing thread

1 Like

You should do a bass off with Passive Jay. 

1 Like

The Diet Butcher -

Thanks. I’ve always been into the hard rock and metal since I was young. Now I’m branching out to improve my playing. Studying funk right now. 

TheNothing -
The Diet Butcher -

Thanks. I’ve always been into the hard rock and metal since I was young. Now I’m branching out to improve my playing. Studying funk right now. 

Same for me. I love metal, but the bass lines are usually a dumbed down version of the guitar riff. Funk is so much more fun to play. Love me some Thunder Thumbs:  

1 Like

One of the few constructive things I have been doing for the last couple months is learning music theory on youtube. There is SO much free stuff out there if you want to learn bass, it's endless.

1 Like

shen - One of the few constructive things I have been doing for the last couple months is learning music theory on youtube. There is SO much free stuff out there if you want to learn bass, it's endless.

I found myself all over the place using YouTube to learn more. I signed up to Scottbasslessons.com and I’ve really noticed an improvement. Not only in my technique but theory as well. 

Nice bass. Congrats

TheNothing - 
shen - One of the few constructive things I have been doing for the last couple months is learning music theory on youtube. There is SO much free stuff out there if you want to learn bass, it's endless.

I found myself all over the place using YouTube to learn more. I signed up to Scottbasslessons.com and I’ve really noticed an improvement. Not only in my technique but theory as well. 

Oh yeah? That great. I like his free stuff.

Not going to make a new thread for this so I’ll just put it here. Getting not too bad on this. 

Is this the "large" mouth variety?

Very nice!

1 Like

Nice... I’m like like looking to upgrade myself. Leaning towards a Spector Legend 4x. I know a lot of people don’t like the soft Thunderbird shape but I like it and I’ve heard good things about the Legend series. Based on vids I’ve seen they’ve got a good sound for the price but unfortunately I can’t find one around me to try out.

1 Like

Nice! I wanna buy a Hofner violin bass soon.

1 Like

came for thisleaving disappointed

1 Like

OP did you you start off playing with fingers vs pick?

im a crappy bass player but I enjoy it. I prefer the jazz bass over the p bass (mostly for the thinner neck). I’ve almost always played with a pick but I’d like to practice more with fingers. 

1 Like

Morgz -

OP did you you start off playing with fingers vs pick?

im a crappy bass player but I enjoy it. I prefer the jazz bass over the p bass (mostly for the thinner neck). I’ve almost always played with a pick but I’d like to practice more with fingers. 

Not the OP but I only play with my fingers. I started off with a pick but I just liked playing with my fingers better.