New Bioshock footage

Here's a 7-minute montage of various clips showcasing the combat in the game. Possible spoilers, I guess. Looks absolutely incredible, and in my opinion blows Gears away in terms of visuals -- both graphically and artistically. A dev on the 2k Games forum confirmed this is the 360 version being shown:

footage

Its amazing.. i looks has good has cutscenes !!!!!!

the AI looks fun too!

it is more beautiful then Gears, WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5yUcQIaDkE

Is that the same one? The link up there wouldn't load for me..

As you know one of the programmers I train with and he's actually moving to America to work with Havok physics in August.. Pretty cool, anyway, he's working INSANE hours to get this to gold. Like 80-100 hour weeks now for 3 months.

A nice looking FPS.

I found System SHock 2 to be the second most over hyped game I've ever played though, right behind Deus Ex, so I hope that it isn't to heavily following that formula.

A nice looking FPS.

I found System SHock 2 to be the second most over hyped game I've ever played though, right behind Deus Ex, so I hope that it isn't to heavily following that formula.

"Is that the same one? The link up there wouldn't load for me.."

Yeah, same footage (but in 720p).

he's working INSANE hours to get this to gold. Like 80-100 hour weeks now for 3 months.

Jesus - hope he's single and not abandoning a wife and / or kids....

And Sadyv is dead to me :-P

Graphically looks nice but the level design, weapons and baddies all seem boring and repetitive. I don't like everything being so dark, makes it a strain to play. The gameplay looks like your typical FPS.

I watched the video for the new Brothers in Arms and it looks incredible. The gameplay looks a lot of fun, not just the same old FPS formula.

I don't own a console, haven't done so in a few years, but if I could afford a nice big TV then I'd be tempted to get a 360 on the strength of BiA.

Dude, I'm a bit stumped as to how yet another WWII game looks fresh but a game where you can use guns, use a variety of psychic powers, teleport, pit enemies against one another, use the environment, etc looks like a typical FPS.

The most unique thing BIA has going for it is also the lamest -- you can put your crosshair right on a guy's head and pull the trigger, but you can't hit him if he is technically "behind cover" within the rules of the game.

Looks excellent but the game style reminds me of Doom.

Good point orcus. And yes, I hope the next in the series takes that feature away - similar in Full Spectrum warrior, and it's way lame.

And seriously, Bioshock has a lot more to it than dark visuals, a DEEP shooter to make Hl2/FEAR look like child's play...

lol

LOL @ using a SEQUEL as an example of something that supposedly contrasts with repetition ;-)

All I saw was running and gunning in the video.

The video of BiA3 looks amazing, you get to take things out with bazookers and destroy the environment. Also, you can shoot enemies through fences so I guess you need to cover behind something strong, though even that can be destroyed.

I've not played a BiA game before and I know it's WWII again but the actually gameplay looks fun. Giving the team orders, shooting through baddies and destroying scenery etc.

Where as this Bioshock looks like the typical game of getting a baddie to chase you and running backwards whilst pulling the trigger.

BiA is great, don't get me wrong, although the thing where you're unable to hit a guy even when your crosshair is right on him drives me nuts.

In terms of movement/action mechanics, Bioshock is the typical FPS while BiA is the typical 3rd person tactical shooter (GRAW, etc).

In terms of story/atmosphere/abilities/aesthetic, Bioshock is different from pretty much anything, while BiA is just another WWII game out of dozens.

crap crap crap. repetetive, unimaginative, lame. Looks like Serious Sam with nice graphics.

This is unimaginative but you can't wait for Mass Effect? What's so imaginative about that game? What new mechanics does it bring to the table?

Art Deco has just been so beaten to death in videogames?

Art deco? WTF are you talking about Orcus? Mass Effect is a galactic Epic, with an intriguing story, deep gameplay, full voice acting. It may not be 100% original in terms of gameplay, but it certainly won't be repetetive like this shit.

How many angry nurse zombies can you kill before you get bored?

Bioshock is Art Deco, I meant -- hardly a done-to-death style in videogames.

Mass Effect, while my #1 most anticipated game as well, is hardly any more "imaginative" than this. Galactic threat. Evil machines. Form a party of oddly matched personalities. Gruff bald space marine leader. Upgrade armor and weapons.

Bioshock is about a colony of scientists that tried to build an undersea utopia in the 30s or whenever. They harvest some odd substance to enhance themselves. Something goes wrong. Now the dead/abandoned colony is home to a weird ecosystem of bizarre creatures. Sounds more imaginative than 99% of games to me.

And ""not repetitive"? I remember a hell of a lot of essentially identical combat in KotOR and Jade Empire. "How many angry nurse zombies can you kill before you get bored?" Probably about as many generic robots you can kill before getting bored.

Don't get me wrong, Bioshock may end up sucking, but your complaints seem odd in light of the game you're looking forward to.

People watching videos of Quake 2 and System Shock 2, or perhaps even Half-Life and Deus Ex, might conclude those games were very, very similar.

Looks can be deceiving.....