New Computer, Any Ideas?

hehe :)

once you get it my sources have recommended making sure that along side of your anti virus and firewall, you have all windows critical updates, use spybot, ad-aware, ie-spyad and spywareblaster.

the first time i ran adaware I found over 300 infected files. I couldn't believe it. Also, get AVG, it's a great virus checker....much better than norton.

Download sp1 and all critical updates as demandango recommended.

the computer geeks are correct

;)

"stick out like a sore tumb around here!!"....Joe Pesci

ONCE YOU GO MAC, YOU NEVER GO BACK!

Nah, I love my PowerBook, but I'm just way too used to
Windows.

Good choice Jon. :)

Joe, glad you like the wireless... whomever told you to get it must be a genius. ;)

thanks Alex, hopefully I can figure out how to get it out of the
box and turned on.. we'll see

One thing I would recommend is go for a higher quality model than the one that is the lowest end. If you do that, you should avoid the problems JHR mentioned above.

I bought a DELL in 2000 that I'm still using to this day at the office without any problems (except the fan, which was my fault).. I just find the quality excellent and never even had to place a call to any type of support. Maybe not everyone is as lucky as me, but between home and work use, I've used almost a hundred DELLs and either than self inflicted problems, they've been solid.

And yes, I do feel like a loser now. :)

It looks like you have made up your mind, but fyi I work at future shop and we routinely build better, cheaper computers for customers thinking about buying a Dell computer.

Dude! You're getting a Dell.

Armbarking, use your head, we take 90% of your computer sales and future shop doesn't "Build anything".

Edited becuase I'm too Mean sometimes.

What you consider mean, the rest of us consider hilarious...

;)

your to nice of a guy Scarface

Damnit I didn't see the original post!!!!

Well I have had two people come and talk to me about computers. They were both thinking of getting a Dell and wanted to see what I could get them at a comparable price. They both ended up buying a computer off of me.

Anyway I didn't want to start a flame war or name calling, just trying to help the man out.

Armbarking, I use futureshop for certain stuff but let's be honest spec for spec you can't touch, any quote you have I can take and cut the price, I'm direct to customer. You've done it with 2 customers, our home sales reps sell about 15-25 computers a day, depending on the day and rep obviously, 200 reps

I'm just saying I have had experience with two potential Dell customers and they are now Future Shop customers;)