new concept II intervals

dunno if this workout is standard on all new concept II's or if some evil bastard at my gym programmed it in, but I tried this interval session yesterday:

1 min work, 1 min rest

2 min work, 2 min rest

3 min work, 3 min rest

4 min work, 4 min rest

3 min work, 3 min rest

2 min work, 2 min rest

1 min work, 1 min rest

I can honestly say this is the hardest session I've done apart from Taku's intervals, (which I've been hammering forever, so I facied a change). Obviously you need to put in the effort as with any interval programme, I aimed to row about 300m per min on the upside of the pyramid, and 250 pm on the way back down. I beat these targets by about 10-35 metres each time though, so may up this for next time.

Just thought I'd share it for anyone looking for a new cardio workout....

That's a tough session. You can program that (as well as any other combination of distance/time/rest intervals) in the new Concept II. It's almost infinitely adaptable & programmable.

4 minutes at 100% is pretty insane

-Nick

can i program that on a model c? (i don't know how to use the PM2 thing very well)

it's all relative - you just aim to go as far as you can in a 4 min period. Obviously you wont be sprinting at the same intensity you would over a 30 second period.

I like the new concept II. It also has a 30 sec on, 30 sec off, built in. It is deffinately a great machine.

Smoother, not as noisy...and nice new colors.

Taku.