NEW DVD by John Danaher is OUT! FHL System

There's a new DVD and Digital Instructional from John Danaher. It's called Front HeadLock System.

It's a part 1 and it includes 37 techniques.

The price is always the same for John Danaher's Instructionals.

You can find it HERE

Cant wait to see his details on the arm in guillotine.

Wow... bringing back old school 1990s prices to BJJ instructionals!

In

shen -

But just imagine the bargain they’ll be at 50% off!

shen - 

there’s a reason danahar was a phd candidate.

FingerorMoon -
shen -

But just imagine the bargain they’ll be at 50% off!

Luckily it's not Mr Hall's videos we're discussing here

For anybody that has seen these, would they be helpful for high school wrestling ( stand up dvd)?

I don't recall which disc,3 maybe? I've only did a cursory glance but yes he covers standing techniques against takedowns, single collar ties etc. The standing grappling for me is job related and it's good stuff.

Any reviews on it?

ttt

ttt

I have it, I’ve been watching it slowly over the last few weeks. It’s fantastic IMO. Shows a whole game based on attacks stemming from the front headlock control position. Guillotines, anacondas/Darces, taking the back. The details are awesome. Danaher is extremely verbose however and his teaching style is not for everyone. 

Fast Pitch - 

I have it, I’ve been watching it slowly over the last few weeks. It’s fantastic IMO. Shows a whole game based on attacks stemming from the front headlock control position. Guillotines, anacondas/Darces, taking the back. The details are awesome. Danaher is extremely verbose however and his teaching style is not for everyone. 

Awesome, thanks for the review!

Just out of curiosity, have you watched his back and leg attacks too and if so what did you think about them?

I prefer someone who uses less words than people like Danaher and Rener but if Danaher has a great mapped out system, I’ll definitely want to check it out.

hedgefunder - 

For anybody that has seen these, would they be helpful for high school wrestling ( stand up dvd)?

i’m sure there are better DVDs out there that are focused on wrestling if that’s what you’re looking for

Are you guys sure the DVDs only cover part 1?

FatBuddha -
Fast Pitch - 

Just out of curiosity, have you watched his back and leg attacks too and if so what did you think about them?

I prefer someone who uses less words than people like Danaher and Rener but if Danaher has a great mapped out system, I’ll definitely want to check it out.

I haven’t watched the Back Attacks or Leg Attacks but there is some overlap in this. It is definitely a System, well mapped out, rather than just random techniques. And this system “interfaces” (as he puts it) with the Back Attack and Leg Attack systems. I am more a fan of less talk as well, but after watching this I can really appreciate the detail Danaher has put into this. He really is a great teacher. 

tapnaporsnapbro -
hedgefunder - 

i’m sure there are better DVDs out there that are focused on wrestling if that’s what you’re looking for

I think they would be helpful, yes, although as was said a pure wrestling instructional would probably be better. But Danaher is obviously a student of wrestling as well as BJJ. There is a section on the Schultz headlock in there too. :slight_smile:

Fast Pitch - 
FatBuddha -
Fast Pitch - 

I haven’t watched the Back Attacks or Leg Attacks but there is some overlap in this. It is definitely a System, well mapped out, rather than just random techniques. And this system “interfaces” (as he puts it) with the Back Attack and Leg Attack systems. I am more a fan of less talk as well, but after watching this I can really appreciate the detail Danaher has put into this. He really is a great teacher. 

Oh that’s great, thanks. I really am a fan of the techniques in a system or sequence approach. I think Mario Sperry’s old vale tudo videos were the first I saw that linked moves together like this. Not a fan of the individual techniques taught in isolation at all.

Yes, these dvds are very good. Danaher puts a lot of thought into teaching and breaks down techniques well.

He’s very good at communicating the details of techniques and common counters.

The only “problem” with them, is that they are so dense and full of material, and 8 hours of content, that it takes a long time to work though them, go practice at the gym and come back for details missed.