New Fight Night Career mode info!!!

Oh Fuck Yeah!

The bigger news is that every fight can have a lasting impact on your career, a change that totally alters how you'll approach each and every contest in the ring. As with a real boxer, the damages from punches don't stop when the final bell rings. "Persistent damage that has long-term effects over the course of your boxer's career means you need to be mindful of the punches you take and the opponents you take on," Hayes said. Until we see this in action, it's hard to know how quickly heavy blows will impact your fighter, but his longevity is no longer completely up to the user. You could be reckless at times in Fight Night 4 and still survive. If Champion does its job, haphazard swings that leave your fighter open for big hits is going to lead to a short career.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1141252p1.html

So you can get all punchy in the new one? Sounds kinda cool.

I'm gonna be a Riddick Bowe type lol

They better make defense more doable in this version if they implement that. In FN3 I was able to be successful as a defensive fighter, in FN4 there was no such luck, no matter how hard I tried. Every fight ended up being +50% landed, which is pretty much unheard of outside of a Mayweather or Pacquiao beatdown.

puddlesmith - They better make defense more doable in this version if they implement that. In FN3 I was able to be successful as a defensive fighter, in FN4 there was no such luck, no matter how hard I tried. Every fight ended up being +50% landed, which is pretty much unheard of outside of a Mayweather or Pacquiao beatdown.

i agree, theres also A LOT of cheesing that goes on in fn4 but i still loved it

i think if they simply made the punches slower, ring a little bit smaller, amped up the head movement, and made fighting off the backfoot harder it would make the game a lot better.

the smaller ring would keep a lot of these guys from just running backwards constantly with guys like frazier and what not and not engaging. in fn4 whether you were moving forward or backwards your punch did the same amount of damage making a lot of pussy fighters online.

slowing the punches down should help with defense too along with some more head movement. the punches are just too accurate and everyone throws 90+ punches a round to no effect. anytime i hold anyone to under 56% accuracy online i feel like i put on my best defense

I wonder if anyone will be able to stop me on this one.

lol, i love how you think youre the end all of this game

It was just meant to be funny you dope.

who thought that was funny? your sense of humor matches you nicely

no wonder youre always begging people to play video games with you

lol I'm not sure who thought it was funny? Humour is always a risk. I assure you it was all in fun. If you have a problem with that it's on you.

I think it's fun to challenge people to a game sometimes and it's more fun with a bit of talk. Don't let it upset you.

Canooke destroyed me in FN4. I'll be happy to catch another match with him when Champion is released.

Canooke - lol I'm not sure who thought it was funny? Humour is always a risk. I assure you it was all in fun. If you have a problem with that it's on you.

I think it's fun to challenge people to a game sometimes and it's more fun with a bit of talk. Don't let it upset you.

i also think its fun to challenge people to games that will play it legitimately rather than use deficiencies in the game to their advantage. just sayin.

LucrativeMath - Canooke destroyed me in FN4. I'll be happy to catch another match with him when Champion is released.

Nice. You're on.

foo55 - 
Canooke - lol I'm not sure who thought it was funny? Humour is always a risk. I assure you it was all in fun. If you have a problem with that it's on you.

i also think its fun to challenge people to games that will play it legitimately rather than use deficiencies in the game to their advantage. just sayin.

lol I beat you straight up, and, wait for it,............IT WAS OVER A YEAR AGO. Let it go lol. Jesus Christ.

Pull yourself together man!

Actually, the fact that you're THIS mad at me YEARS after I beat you just might make this my Fight Night crowning achievement.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time on that crazy kook. To the rest of the Fight Night guys on here: Have you ever beaten a guy so badly in Fight Night that you imprisoned his mind for over a year?

my problem isnt with losing to you, i lose plenty, but the fact that you came on here to call me a pussy after i had two matches with you? exactly what did you think my response would be? why would i waste my time playing with a cheeser? i wasnt ever going to bring it up but i wasnt going to let you call me a dick tucker either

why dont you just admit to the people that youre a cheeser? you always deflect the conversation to something else and never ever respond to those points. hmm, i wonder why?

if you cant admit that then that just goes to show that you know im a better player than you

foo55 - my problem isnt with losing to you......

Your problem is that it's been over a year and this still bothers you. I don't remember you or any of the details of our fights. I can't really discuss your traumatic event with you when I can't place you.

I just know that I won :)

foo55 - if you cant admit that then that just goes to show that you know im a better player than you

foo55 - It puts the lotion in the basket!