New GSP sponsor?

Just saw a commercial on SportsNet for 888poker.net featuring Georges St. Pierre

Is this a new deal? Any body have any details on this? Phone Post

Who the fuck cares?

TheVandalz - Who the fuck cares?

Well, this is a website for people so obsessed with MMA they need to spend all day checking a message board about it. So this seems like the right audience for such a hyper-specific question.

Yeah, I think he used to be under the Poker Stars banner.  But GSP has always had an interest in the pro-poker scene.  I've seen him around at quite a few tournaments in Edmonton and Calgary with sponsors before.

atrocityexhibit -
TheVandalz - Who the fuck cares?

Well, this is a website for people so obsessed with MMA they need to spend all day checking a message board about it. So this seems like the right audience for such a hyper-specific question.

Pretty much Phone Post

I love MMA but will never give a shit about a fighters sponsors or personal life. This is a sport to me and a Soap Opera to you. One of us is doing it wrong.

UGCTT_iPickedKaufman -  Yeah, I think he used to be under the Poker Stars banner.  But GSP has always had an interest in the pro-poker scene.  I've seen him around at quite a few tournaments in Edmonton and Calgary with sponsors before.

Interesting. Now that you mentioned it, I think he was playing in a pretty well publicized poker stars tournament recently. I remember seeing some articles about it on the UG and other sites not too long ago.

I wonder how hefty his sponsorship is. That's how you know you're a big name, not active for over a year and still scoring decent sponsorship deals. Phone Post

TheVandalz - I love MMA but will never give a shit about a fighters sponsors or personal life. This is a sport to me and a Soap Opera to you. One of us is doing it wrong.

This is not his personal life, it's his professional life which is related to MMA.

Neither of us is doing it right or wrong, stop looking at life in black or white. If you're not interested, don't participate in the thread/conversation, it's very simple. Phone Post

SMS89 - 
UGCTT_iPickedKaufman -  Yeah, I think he used to be under the Poker Stars banner.  But GSP has always had an interest in the pro-poker scene.  I've seen him around at quite a few tournaments in Edmonton and Calgary with sponsors before.

Interesting. Now that you mentioned it, I think he was playing in a pretty well publicized poker stars tournament recently. I remember seeing some articles about it on the UG and other sites not too long ago.

I wonder how hefty his sponsorship is. That's how you know you're a big name, not active for over a year and still scoring decent sponsorship deals. Phone Post

Yeah, but to be honest it can be really annoying to have some of these guys in tournaments.  I've never played at a table with GSP, but I've played at tables with a couple of the sponsored athletes a couple of years back and a lot of them are freaking clueless about the general ettiquitte of the game.

Different strokes for different folks. All it is is a logo on his shorts or banner...

UGCTT_iPickedKaufman -
SMS89 - 

Yeah, but to be honest it can be really annoying to have some of these guys in tournaments.  I've never played at a table with GSP, but I've played at tables with a couple of the sponsored athletes a couple of years back and a lot of them are freaking clueless about the general ettiquitte of the game.

Is it a part of their sponsorship deal to play in these tournaments? I would think for the purpose of generating buzz and exposure for the poker site. Phone Post

TheVandalz - Different strokes for different folks. All it is is a logo on his shorts or banner...

Cool story bro. Phone Post