New Guitar Sunday

Picked up a American Ultra Strat yester.

Gets a vintage tone with the S1 switching circuit a noiseless single coils.

I did buy a set of BlueBird J1 pickups and thinking about SRV switch from the same company (tone king), but I'm gonna keep it stock for a while and see how i like the tone. Maybe get a less high end strat and mod it. Been a gibby guy for 45 years, just wanted a strat

![](upload://A6041TF8P6eR6Sr2euhfbhUMrJV.jpeg)

5 Likes

A random dude demo'ing the pups and switch

https://youtu.be/r7Nzxk36MDs?t=55

demo of the ultra/review

https://youtu.be/MKrWk31qfIk?t=400

Looking sick, make sure to record some video and post it here. Enjoy your new guitar!

There’s something wrong with that picture, dude. It looks ukulele-size.

I am not a fender guy at all. I still like having a good one around. I spent quite a few months playing everyone I could find until I found the one. The modern/vintage switching circuit is nice. 

You need a Les Paul, a Strat, a Tele, and a 335. You just do.

And a PRS.

And a Rickenbacker.

And some of those G&Ls are nice, too.

And don’t tell my wife I bought ANOTHER PRS.

Fuck, why am I broke all the time?

1 Like

Nice pickup.  I like how they age the necks on those now.  Did u see one with the texas tea paint?

Man I almost bought the same guitar.  Rosewood fretboard & burst same.  The neck is really nice on the Ultra's & pickups sound good for noiseless.  Good choice, enjoy.

Sweet!

In for later. 

phydeau - You need a Les Paul, a Strat, a Tele, and a 335. You just do.

And a PRS.

And a Rickenbacker.

Tell your friends that if you die, not to let your wife sell them for what you told her you paid :slight_smile:

whitesun -

Looking sick, make sure to record some video and post it here. Enjoy your new guitar!

thanks man

Was finally given a guitar and absolutely suck after months.  Need help, what is the secret sauce to learning on this beast?

also, congrats OP 

phydeau - You need a Les Paul, a Strat, a Tele, and a 335. You just do.

And a PRS.

And a Rickenbacker.

i went in to buy a 60s re-issue LP and walked out with the strat. I have a '61 355, a '56 dousonic, a few 30’s dobros, a 1st year LP clone agile (I was at terry kilgore’s house(ex DLR guitar player) and thats all plays. He has like 10), a few acoustics, and a schekter bass. That said… I’d put my 70’s ibanez Artist up against any LP made over the past “X” years. That feels PERFECT in my hands and its a maple cap on mahogany body. I have a set of Tom Holmes 59 PAF clones in it.

Almost bought the tele. Was a one trick pony, but man what a trick. The ultra series one. Prob be my next guitar. Scale feels a little short, but maybe because i was playing the strat so much

Midway99 -

Was finally given a guitar and absolutely suck after months.  Need help, what is the secret sauce to learning on this beast?

also, congrats OP 

being autustic would help in my case.

no natuaral talent, i just refused to give.40 years later, i can kinda play without oo many people cringing.

with all the stuff out there, judt keep at it andyou br paintin by number pretty fast a GOOD teach i invaluable. too many teach want you want to learn, not what you should learn. famous la bass player old tim girl. best in the business took on some student. only teaches be boop jazz no mayyrt yout she says if you knoe, you can play anything

1 Like
Midway99 -

also, congrats OP 

No secret just practice.

It's all muscle memory. Not sure if you roll but the difference between a blue and belt black is amazing muscle memory rather than knowledge. You could limit the black belt to only using blue belt knowledge and they would still run through the blue belt because the muscle memory is so good. 

Dilligaf: tele's can sound like anything and you should try one again. If you tap the coils and add a humbucker its a tele/strat/gibson in one. Easily the most versatile guitar imo

Les paul's are a one trick pony, or even a PRS imo

william795 -

Man I almost bought the same guitar.  Rosewood fretboard & burst same.  The neck is really nice on the Ultra's & pickups sound good for noiseless.  Good choice, enjoy.

as i said early, i was trying a 50s and 60s paul, the strat, the ultra tele all black, sliver pic guard and a squire start that souded cloded. gr8 400.00 guitar. mines is nicer , but is it 1400 nicer?

Thelonious -

Dilligaf: tele's can sound like anything and you should try one again. If you tap the coils and add a humbucker its a tele/strat/gibson in one. Easily the most versatile guitar imo

Les paul's are a one trick pony, or even a PRS imo

the ultra switch in the middle...whoo... if i didnt feel cramped from playing the start i migh have bought it in stead