New Gun Tuesday...

1945 Finnish (Sako) M39!!! This is the last year these were made (not including the few made in the 60's), with only about 6,000 made that year making this one of the rarer ones. The rifle appears to be very lightly used and has near 100% bluing with only some light wear at the muzzle. The stock a bit dry compared to my other M39. It isn't really dry, it just lacks the light sheen that most other M39's have as a finish. It does have a slight 'tacky' feel to it. One thing that is interesting is the stock appears to be a war time issue with the rounded joints, but lacks any of the dings and scratches you would expect from a rifle of this period.

1 Like

That gun doesn't look new at all.

1 Like
Pencil Neck - That gun doesn't look new at all.

lol

LOL First post nails it

Beautiful, champ

Maybe not but it'll outshoot new production guns that cost 4x as much...

amadeus -

No it won't. 

In another thread you said you paid $700 for that turd. 

Congrats!!!!!

Another great day

Nice. 

Black Doug - 
amadeus -

No it won't. 

LMAO... And how many turd guns do you know of capable of hitting its mark at 1k with open sights?

Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean you should flaunt it like a badge of honor.

1 Like
amadeus - 

1945 Finnish (Sako) M39!!! This is the last year these were made (not including the few made in the 60's), with only about 6,000 made that year making this one of the rarer ones. The rifle appears to be very lightly used and has near 100% bluing with only some light wear at the muzzle. The stock a bit dry compared to my other M39. It isn't really dry, it just lacks the light sheen that most other M39's have as a finish. It does have a slight 'tacky' feel to it. One thing that is interesting is the stock appears to be a war time issue with the rounded joints, but lacks any of the dings and scratches you would expect from a rifle of this period.

No new gun but 3200 rds of ammo showed up yesterday.....

New ammo Monday...

amadeus -
Black Doug - 
amadeus -

No it won't. 

LMAO... And how many turd guns do you know of capable of hitting its mark at 1k with open sights?

Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean you should flaunt it like a badge of honor.

How many attempts is it going to take to "hit your mark" at 1,000 yards with that rifle? 

How big is "your mark" and how consistently are you going to be able to hit it at 1000 yards? 

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but to make the assertion that an M39 will out shoot a modern rifle that has a $2800 budget is just pure retardation. 

Nice gun my friend!!!

Black Doug -
amadeus -
Black Doug - 
amadeus -

No it won't. 

How many attempts is it going to take to "hit your mark" at 1,000 yards with that rifle? 

How big is "your mark" and how consistently are you going to be able to hit it at 1000 yards? 

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but to make the assertion that an M39 will out shoot a modern rifle that has a $2800 budget is just pure retardation. 

Jesus Christ... You're the type of dude who thinks having the most expensive toy is what makes the difference.

'Outshoot' is admittedly hyperbole, but it remains that in the last 100 years very liitle has changed in terms of what makes a bolt gun accurate... You can either float the barrel, an easier method favored by modern gunsmiths and shooters, or you can pressure fit the barrel. All things being equal they produce approximately the same results.

As for "how many attempts is it going to take to "hit your mark" at 1,000 yards with that rifle?" Well, keep in mind that this is without the benefit of a highpowered scope with 1/4 MOA adjustable windage and elevation and let's see (start at 6:05)...

Let's look at some other 'turd' milsrup guns...

Or how about a Guiness world record of 1.27 miles...

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2015/06/shooter-hits-bison-target-at-2240-yards-with-iron-sights/

Now admittedly the M39 not a K31 but they are held in very similar esteem. The M39 is not a standard Russian Mosin Nagant. The Finns took the actions, put heavy match grade barrels on them, reworked the triggers, and bedded and fit the barreled action making one of the most accurate front line military rifles ever fielded. You don't hear about them as much because they're one of the more rare milsurp rifles, and because there are still people like you who think it's ' just a Mosin trash can gun'.

Now, go take your $5,000 20x scope off your $3000 rifle and do the same thing if you can...

amadeus -
Black Doug -
amadeus -
Black Doug - 
amadeus -

No it won't. 

Jesus Christ... You're the type of dude who thinks having the most expensive toy is what makes the difference.

'Outshoot' is admittedly hyperbole, but it remains that in the last 100 years very liitle has changed in terms of what makes a bolt gun accurate... You can either float the barrel, an easier method favored by modern gunsmiths and shooters, or you can pressure fit the barrel. All things being equal they produce approximately the same results.

As for "how many attempts is it going to take to "hit your mark" at 1,000 yards with that rifle?" Well, keep in mind that this is without the benefit of a highpowered scope with 1/4 MOA adjustable windage and elevation and let's see (start at 6:05)...

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2015/06/shooter-hits-bison-target-at-2240-yards-with-iron-sights/

Now admittedly the M39 not a K31 but they are held in very similar esteem. The M39 is not a standard Russian Mosin Nagant. The Finns took the actions, put heavy match grade barrels on them, reworked the triggers, and bedded and fit the barreled action making one of the most accurate front line military rifles ever fielded. You don't hear about them as much because they're one of the more rare milsurp rifles, and because there are still people like you who think it's ' just a Mosin trash can gun'.

Now, go take your $5,000 20x scope off your $3000 rifle and do the same thing if you can...

I've been collecting milsurps and firearms, for 30 years.  

I own more milsurps than you do(I've seen your list), and have probably had an 03 FFL longer than you've even been collecting milsurps. 

I'm not the kind of person that thinks expensive = better. 

Sig and Kimber are nothing more than successful marketing companies, at this point. 

I own several mosins, 2 of which are Finns. And I am very aware that the Finns made improvements, but to make the statement that an M39 would out shoot a modern production rifle if you have a $2800 budget is honestly the most ridiculous thing I read on the internet, this week. 

I also own 3 Swiss K31's and a few 1911's (full length and Carbine), so I'm very familiar with both platforms. 

I also don't own any $5,000 scopes or any $3,000 rifles. 

You're the kind of guy that gets into a hobby, spends a little money, reads some forum posts, watches some youtube videos and then goes full retard because you think you're an expert. 

I know I'm not a firearms expert, but I know enough to know your statement was asinine. 

But please, keep drinking the milsurp marketing Kool Aid, people like you are driving up the prices by overpaying. I'll make a fortune when I end up selling them. 

Black Doug -
amadeus -
Black Doug -
amadeus -
Black Doug - 
amadeus -

No it won't. 

I own more milsurps than you do(I've seen your list), and have probably had an 03 FFL longer than you've even been collecting milsurps. 

Sig and Kimber are nothing more than successful marketing companies, at this point. 

I own several mosins, 2 of which are Finns. And I am very aware that the Finns made improvements, but to make the statement that an M39 would out shoot a modern production rifle if you have a $2800 budget is honestly the most ridiculous thing I read on the internet, this week. 

I also own 3 Swiss K31's and a few 1911's (full length and Carbine), so I'm very familiar with both platforms. 

You're the kind of guy that gets into a hobby, spends a little money, reads some forum posts, watches some youtube videos and then goes full retard because you think you're an expert. 

I know I'm not a firearms expert, but I know enough to know your statement was asinine. 

But please, keep drinking the milsurp marketing Kool Aid, people like you are driving up the prices by overpaying. I'll make a fortune when I end up selling them. 

Jesus Christ dude, it was HYPERBOLE... Most people would understand that without it being explicitly stated. That you need me to not only say it, but repeat it says more about you than me. Would you have felt better if I just said twice or as expensive? Cuz I've definitely see more than few K31's and M39's shoot better than $1500 Browning and Tikka rifles... Even going back to when they were $300 rifles, which incidentally would make them 4x as expensive.

Beyond that, I literally just gave you video proof from 3 different shooters shooting (presumably) 3 different rifles, and your response is "yeah, so what"!? You're obviously fucking stupid.

We're done here.

amadeus -
Black Doug -
amadeus -
Black Doug -
amadeus -
Black Doug - 
amadeus -

No it won't. 

Jesus Christ dude, it was HYPERBOLE... Most people would understand that without it being explicitly stated. That you need me to not only say it, but repeat it says more about you than me. Would you have felt better if I just said twice or as expensive? Cuz I've definitely see more than few K31's and M39's shoot better than $1500 Browning and Tikka rifles... Even going back to when they were $300 rifles, which incidentally would make them 4x as expensive.

Beyond that, I literally just gave you video proof from 3 different shooters shooting (presumably) 3 different rifles, and your response is "yeah, so what"!? You're obviously fucking stupid.

We're done here.

Whatever you say little buddy.