New Gun Tuesday...

Glock 48... I actually picked this up a couple weeks ago but immediately sent it off to CW Gunwerks who did the stippling. It’s equipped with trijicon night sights and an extended slide stop. I swapped out the stock trigger for a Glocktriggers GTS trigger that feels very close to my HSP Skimmer trigger in my G19. 

This will be my EDC during warmer weather when I wear shorts and t-shirts. For late-Fall to early-Spring I’ll stick with my G19.

Nice, congrats

Nice!  CWG built a PCC a while back for me.  Question for you...I own a G43 and I like it because of what it is, a tiny pocket pistol.  Honestly the G48 and G43X confuse me.  Same height as a G19.  Only difference is the G19 is a little thicker.  So anyway I’m curious what the pros are for the 48 and 43x vs the 19?  I held a 43x yesterday and just ended up deciding if I’m going to accept the extra grip length vs the standard 43, I may as well just carry the 19 and have the extra ammo.  

Would love to hear your thoughts.  

Echo1 -

Nice!  CWG built a PCC a while back for me.  Question for you...I own a G43 and I like it because of what it is, a tiny pocket pistol.  Honestly the G48 and G43X confuse me.  Same height as a G19.  Only difference is the G19 is a little thicker.  So anyway I’m curious what the pros are for the 48 and 43x vs the 19?  I held a 43x yesterday and just ended up deciding if I’m going to accept the extra grip length vs the standard 43, I may as well just carry the 19 and have the extra ammo.  

They just print less. That’s really the only pro. I’ll carry this one during the warm months and church, my G19 when it’s colder.

Very nice gun there, OP. Congrats.

amadeus -
Echo1 -

They just print less. That’s really the only pro. I’ll carry this one during the warm months and church, my G19 when it’s colder.

Cool.  Nice gun! 

amadeus -
Echo1 -

Nobody is paying attention. I use to worry about it too. Not a lot of sheepdogs out there.

1 Like

Very cool. I’ve carried up until about a month ago a G-43x for about a year. 

There are some third party 15 round mags on the market. Would recommend. 

kinson -

Tracking... But I need to swap out the magazine catch with them and they’re not in stock right now.

Nice

kinson -

Yeah, people mentioned this on another thread. A magazine that's the same height/size, but holds 15 rounds. I'd just want to see the reliability of it tested thoroughly before relying on it in a self defense situation 

sicko -
kinson -

Yeah, people mentioned this on another thread. A magazine that's the same height/size, but holds 15 rounds. I'd just want to see the reliability of it tested thoroughly before relying on it in a self defense situation 

Here’s a link to the 15 round G43 mag. Shield Arms makes the mag and do say you’ll need to change out your mag catch. 

Very nice!!

Cool truck gun I guess 

Excellent. A G48 will be replacing my G30S for edc very soon.

P749 -

Cool truck gun I guess 

Are you unsure about your opinion?

Arodjohns -
kinson - 
sicko -
kinson -

Here’s a link to the 15 round G43 mag. Shield Arms makes the mag and do say you’ll need to change out your mag catch. 

Beat me to it! I was going to post this exact video.

Just got a confirmation email that my mag catch a 3 mag combo on on their way...

My Shield Arms mag combo came in today... 3 S15 mags and a metal mag catch. Replaced the catch and removal of the spring in the G48 is far more of a pain in the ass than on a normal Glock. The mags appear well made and I’ll break them in tomorrow. The one noticeable thing that I don’t like is the failure of the S15 mag to drop free. It isn’t hard to strip the mag from the pistol but it’s annoying that you by default have to.

If the mags prove reliable I’ll probably carry with an OEM 10rd mag and carry two back up S15 mags. I do this with my G19 and two back up G17 mags.

amadeus -

My Shield Arms mag combo came in today... 3 S15 mags and a metal mag catch. Replaced the catch and removal of the spring in the G48 is far more of a pain in the ass than on a normal Glock. The mags appear well made and I’ll break them in tomorrow. The one noticeable thing that I don’t like is the failure of the S15 mag to drop free. It isn’t hard to strip the mag from the pistol but it’s annoying that you by default have to.

If the mags prove reliable I’ll probably carry with an OEM 10rd mag and carry two back up S15 mags. I do this with my G19 and two back up G17 mags.

Saw this video yesterday, he mentions the same thing and his solution around 6:20 in the video