New HBO Series - Lovecraft Country: teaser trailer

Lovecraft Country follows "Atticus Black as he joins up with his friend Letitia and his Uncle George to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America in search of his missing father. This begins a struggle to survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the terrifying monsters that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback."

1 Like

Dayum

eh

Mate, I could never survive as a black guy in the South back then.

1 Like

We get it. White people are evil

6 Likes

Root12 -

Kinda Ironic considering the source material... 

Read the book pretty enjoyable but I am a sucker for Yog Sothothery

sub

Damn not out til August. 

ferox -
Root12 -

Kinda Ironic considering the source material... 

Read the book pretty enjoyable but I am a sucker for Yog Sothothery

I didn't realize it was a book when they first advertised this...needless to say...Amazon will be delivering it next week sometime 

I love Lovecraft's works. I'm not the biggest fan of works inspired by his, though. They tend to fall short.

I wish someone would make a Lovecraft series like Castle Rock. 

So it's social justice AND Lovecraftian horrors?

What a pile of horseshit.

2 Likes
phydeau - So it's social justice AND Lovecraftian horrors?

Ironic considering Lovecraft really was a xenophobe and racist.   His writing is amazing but an asshole is an asshole.

HBO producing yet another show that is essentially just racism soapboxing slapped with the name of something else. This will have almost nothing to do with Lovecraft, just like Watchmen was a laughable "wHitE pPl bAd blACK pPL gUd" show. 

3 Likes

phydeau - So it's social justice AND Lovecraftian horrors?

I decided that my desire to see Lovecraftian horrors outweighed my desire to not be talked down to by sjw retards.

1 Like

Abradolf Lincler -

HBO producing yet another show that is essentially just racism soapboxing slapped with the name of something else. This will have almost nothing to do with Lovecraft, just like Watchmen was a laughable "wHitE pPl bAd blACK pPL gUd" show. 

White people were complete assholes to black people during this time.

How do you make a series centered around this period without making white people look like assholes?

I can see you saying their's too much material around the subject, something I could maybe agree with.

But if you're going to create an accurate picture of the time it's kinda hard not to make white ppl look evil.....they did alot of evil shit.

Now if you truly think that it's not your fault as a white person in 2020.....why even get mad at it?

1 Like

WikiTheWalrus - 

I love Lovecraft's works. I'm not the biggest fan of works inspired by his, though. They tend to fall short.

Weird. I'm the exact opposite. I found most of Lovecraft's writings fall flat with me. I like the ideas he's trying to convey, but his feels kinda "dry" to me. Like, I read his stories and am left feeling like, "That's it?".

However, I have found a number of Lovecraftian-based stories that I've thoroughly enjoyed. The Pyrate Cthulhu stories are awesome, IMO

Penny dreadful & Mexicans. Now we have this to balance it out SMH

but honestly it looks pretty decent 

Khun Kao -
WikiTheWalrus - 

Weird. I'm the exact opposite. I found most of Lovecraft's writings fall flat with me. I like the ideas he's trying to convey, but his feels kinda "dry" to me. Like, I read his stories and am left feeling like, "That's it?".

However, I have found a number of Lovecraftian-based stories that I've thoroughly enjoyed. The Pyrate Cthulhu stories are awesome, IMO

Even for his time his writing  was pretty archaic.. It is definitely not for everyone. There are some amazing ideas in his stories... It is funny how Cthulhu is the one people latched onto and became Lovecrafts entry into pop culture... 

I think August Dereleth was the one who coined Cthulhu Mythos as a term and as far as I know it was after his death. 

Fuck you crackers this show looks great.

1 Like

Going to be fantastic