New Helio Gracie Interview

New Interview with Prof. Helio Gracie

Prof. Gracie speaks candidly about many things.

http://www.geocities.com/global_training_report/helio2.htm

To be exact, the interview isn’t new, the translation to English is new. The interview was published in 2001 in the Brazil version of the Playboy magazine. So unless you read Brazil Playboy and can read Portuguese, this will be “new” to you.

Very interesting read. Certainly a man with convictions.

PLAYBOY: What do you think about feminine independence?

HELIO: Wait a minute [HELIO gets up a comes back with a briefcase from which he takes out a manuscript and begins to read]: "For me it is easy to diagnose the men who prefer independent women: cafetoes, effeminate, lazy, a individuals with weak and cowardly personalities, are the ones who like that kind of women.. Nature did not create men and women by mistake, but for each one to do her part. The man takes care of the woman and the woman takes care of the children, who will be the men of tomorrow". [returns the paper to the briefcase]. The problem with men's values nowadays is that women, poor things, have no other option than to try to be independent.

ttt

Cool.

thanks

Excellent interview!!!!

"I wish that strong, confident, reliable men were attracted to the same type of woman. Maybe they are threatened by us, but I hope they aren't."

I doubt that strong men are intimidated by you if weak men aren't.

The secret in becoming a jiu-jitsu master:

Helio declared without mincing words that less intelligent students learn the techniques of jiu-jitsu better and more quickly. "Intelligent people think too much before executing".

Strong men sometimes dont like strong women because they dont want to deal with their high maintenance BS.

Some interesting bits from the interview:

On the relationship between his jiu-jitsu and Maeda's: "What I mean is that I didn't invent jiu-jitsu. But I took a piece of junk like a Santos-Dumont airplane. You're not going to fly from here to that corner in that."

Kimura choked Helio unconscious and broke his arm, "But I didn't consider that [Kimura] had really beaten me."

That interview is badass!

"This business of AIDS is for those who are involved in depravity and filth."

"Helio declared without mincing words that less intelligent students learn the techniques of jiu-jitsu better and more quickly. "Intelligent people think too much before executing"."

Beston? makes sense now...

The coolist thing, is that they have Scottish heritage(im scottish)
And they have 6 neapolitan mastiffs at his ranch, i have 2, thats friggin awsome.

Sounded like a homophobic sexist pig to me, its like listening to my grandpa ramble about crap he has no idea about. Im sure people will worship him anyways for being so "right on". Maybe he can start the Cult of Helio where he can give weekly lessons on diet, sexual habits, science, kinesiology, and history. This way all the idiots that suck up this BS can enjoy Helio and all of his "pearls" of wisdom. Sad though, how he still cannot recognize that bjj is just brazilian judo and that there was no ryu at the heart of bjj and that bjj owes its existence to judo randori which jujitsu did not incorporate. Helio just needs to remember that Maeda was a kodokan judoka as was Kimura. About him having to adopt techniques to his frail body, what a revolution! Too bad it is what most top level newaza and wrestling guys do when they are learning new moves. Have you ever done a sport where you don't adapt the move to your own body? Do we need to give Helio so much credit? Sure bjj has developed into a great sport for subs, set ups, and the guard, but is Helio that much of a revolutionary? Personally, I give more kudos to Alves.

There is no doubting the effectiveness of bjj, especially regarding the guard, but I have failed to see what original movements of jujitsu that bjjers do that judoka do not. In other words, what did jujitsu give bjj that it did not give judo? If you answer neck cranks, guillotine chokes, and other illegal techs, you should realize that all of these are taught in judo, but not used freely in practive unless agreed upon.

Notice how Helio comes many generations of large families (lots of siblings).

His grandfather came from a large family, his father came from a large family, he is from a large family, he has a large family, his brother had a large family, his eldest son has a large family.

Very interesting.

" how he still cannot recognize that bjj is just brazilian judo and that there were is no ryu at the heart of bjj" LOL!!!

you are a complete troll!!!

judo is nothing more than a bastardized form of jiu-jitsu. so no, Brasilian Jiu-Jitsu is actually what is says to be.....a Brasilian interpretation of Japanese Jiu-Jitsu...

why cant the judo trolls realize that judo is a subset of jiu-jitsu, not the other way around.

Poodollar,
actually im a bjjer and judoka, retard. look up some history.

[ Poodollar, actually im a bjjer and judoka, retard. look up some history.]

Busted yourself right there...

If judo contains all the same stuff that is in BJJ then why do you train in both? Seems like a waste of time to me...

Peace-
Cam

Scythrop has just bitch slapped the "correct"

Orion, not that it matters, but I started with bjj before ever thinking of judo and after a long time in bjj I decided to see what judo was all about. I think that is easy enough to understand.

What is bjj worth to me? Slower pace with longer setups and good guard.
What is judo worth to me? Take downs, top game, explosiveness.
Why study both if they are the same thing? Bjj is closer to my house and judo is not.

Keep assuming and kissing gracie ass.