New hobbit today!!!

Gonna see it this weekend!! Yay!!!! Phone Post 3.0

I could go on a verbal rampage with my thoughts on Peter Jackson, and every film he has made since Fellowship, but instead I will just say it's not for me.

Probably won't be seeing it until next week but I'm beyond excited. I watched the last one in 3D in theaters on a small dose of shrooms and it was fucking intense Phone Post 3.0

saw it last weekend!

Effectively a 2 hour battle... I liked it.

Going Sunday with my oldest boy, yes, he is stoked!

Saw it last weekend, absolutely fantastic. Basically a two hour battle, ace!! Phone Post 3.0

Ridgeback - 
ArmbarKing - I could go on a verbal rampage with my thoughts on Peter Jackson, and every film he has made since Fellowship, but instead I will just say it's not for me.

Same.  I think he makes beautiful looking films and chose some good actors, but beyond that his movies have a vibe so far removed from the books they are like a completely other mythology.  I don't think books and movies have to match either, but what is left in Jackson's vision is basically Jerry Bruckheimer meets sword and sorcery so it holds no interest for me.  

I think he is planning on shitting on the Silmarillion next.  Too bad. 

Thankfully we won't be seeing the Silmarillion on film. The Tolkien estate still has the rights to it and Christopher Tolkien is on record saying Jackson's movies are terrible.

Saw all 3 at the IMAX on Monday. That was a long day in the theatre and $35 well spent. Phone Post 3.0

Freeman -

Pernod - IMAX was 3D, right?

I thought about that but I chose another theater just because they had better food.

Yes. It was a great experience. Phone Post 3.0

Meh......6/10. Wasn't really that inpressed Phone Post 3.0

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/review-hobbit-battle-five-armies-peter-jackson-continues-trashing-book-1479640

What a surprise - it sucks.

I think all the movies are awesome, but i'v never read any of the books.

My son loves them too.

Jesús X -
Jesús X - Pernod
"Saw all 3 at the IMAX on Monday. That was a long day in the theatre and $35 well spent."

IMAX 3D is 19.50 here at Edwards theaters im watching it sunday, it is going to be jizztastic

Barely noticed you said you saw all 3 for 35 , the edit function sucks here
No worries, have a vu.

Maybe we can get Darth Anus to update the app to include a better edit feature. Phone Post 3.0

I loved the books, I enjoy the movies

It is so much better than most trash put out now I don't understand the hate

Although why the fuck add the elf chick and dwarf romance that's unnecessary Phone Post 3.0

DoovyB - I loved the books, I enjoy the movies

Although why the fuck add the elf chick and dwarf romance that's unnecessary Phone Post 3.0

I just don't see it. To me these movies are no better than Transformers or Fast and the Furious.

When I saw the first Hobbit in theatres, it was an exhausting experience. It just went on and on, never ending ridiculous action sequences, "epic" landscape shots, and slow mo character intros with heavy musical accompaniment. My god, I am getting anxious just thinking about it.

ArmbarKing -

I just don't see it. To me these movies are no better than Transformers or Fast and the Furious.

When I saw the first Hobbit in theatres, it was an exhausting experience. It just went on and on, never ending ridiculous action sequences, "epic" landscape shots, and slow mo character intros with heavy musical accompaniment. My god, I am getting anxious just thinking about it.
Oh come on transformers was complete trash. These are entertaining, transformers made me hate myself for seeing it Phone Post 3.0

ArmbarKing - 

This is my problem with the movies as well. I don't care that Jackson is doing his own thing, or that he is deviating from the books ... it's just that the movies are bad.

I literally have no emotional response to anything in these movies. There isn't a story being told. It's just noisy nonsense flashing on a screen.