New Knife Wednesday + Order Updates

So I finally got around to making myself a new knife.

First time working with Kirinite, and I must say I'm very pleasantly surprised. It's a bitch and a half to work with, as it gets fucking everywhere. But man, the results are totally worth it.

We've got about 6.5" of 1084 high carbon steel with a full-high convex grind and a mirror polish. Spinal column jimping with a nice comfortable thumb ramp. Black G10 handles with Venom Kirinite bolsters. All held on with stainless steel hardware. Drilled a lashing hole for versatility.

If a blue would be so kind:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2u77dxy.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/24byf.jpg

ORDER UPDATES:

BWS - Your karambit has been heat treated and descaled. Handles, sheath + fit & finish will be taken care of within a few days. That thing is vicious, btw. The penetration is ridiculous when throwing a straight punch with it.

MakeMeBleed - Both of your blades have been heat treated and descaled. Deer antler handle is all but finished. Just gotta finish putting that one together. The small skinner is well on its way too. They should both come out to be damn fine workers with a fair amount of aesthetic appeal as well.

ajwilson - Your bowie is looking... well, scary. The glass breaker on the back is not something I'd want to be on the receiving end of... you know... if I were glass. Cuz that's all you'll be using it for. ;) It's been heat treated and descaled. Handles go on tomorrow.

Anyone else with an order placed that hasn't been mentioned here, don't worry. Next batch soon come!

xyz

LOL, let me know if you resize those pics!!

Holy shit, those are big.

http://i41.tinypic.com/5voj1l.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/r1yiw4.jpg

for Altofsky

Nice work! Phone Post 3.0

nice blade

Damn it looks great. Would love to see a pic of makemebleeds blades when finished. Dear antler handles ftw. Phone Post

how much does a mid to high ebd bowie run? for reference Phone Post

who RAPED public - how much does a mid to high ebd bowie run? for reference Phone Post

Depends on who makes it. :)

For a traditional height and length, youre usually talking no less than 250 if its handmade. Traditional bowies are big. Like hog sticking big. If youre talking somethjng on the high end level of a Gil Hibben custom, the obviously thats gonna be more expensive. Phone Post

Authority Figure -

I will go before him and he will ask me, what is the riddle of steel?

And if I do not now, he will cast me out of Valhalla!

That is Crom! Strong on his mountain. Phone Post

Chareth Cutestory - Are you selling the knife pictured? A hole that size might be infringing on Spyderco patents/trademarks.

I love spyderco, but they're not the originators of that design patent or not. And they have nothing to gain coming after little old me.

Plus if you wanna get technical, mines chamfered. :)

But no, im not selling it. Not yet anyway. Gonna test the shit out of this kirinite before I buy any more of it. 20 bucks for a pair of handle scales... I gotta know if its worth it to buy more. I dont want a nice pretty handle that cracks during sustained heavy use. Phone Post

Greenup - Damn it looks great. Would love to see a pic of makemebleeds blades when finished. Dear antler handles ftw. Phone Post

Oh Ill be sure to post some. Just gotta finish filing the shoulders to fit the bolster. Tedious stuff so I called it quits for the night. Phone Post

Ttt for makemebleed.

Tested out some new techniques on mine so as not to be trying them on a customers blade in case something went fuckways... which thankfully nothig did. :)

PICS SOON COME BREDREN. Phone Post

Cool stuff -vtfu

Awesome. I can't wait to see it!! Phone Post 3.0

awilson82 - Awesome. I can't wait to see it!! Phone Post 3.0

Its gonna look sexy as shit.

Ive already chopped through a 4x4 with it. Fuck 2x4s.

But yeah, I promise I wasnt playing with it like a kid with a new toy. Promise. I was simply "testing" the heat treat. Yeah. Testing. :) Phone Post

Oh BWS... free g10 liners if you want em bud! Toxic green or hunter orange. Your choice. Phone Post

ferox13 - Cool stuff -vtfu

Danke Phone Post