New LA Boxing open in central NJ

I know the trainer at the LA Boxing in that location ... no prior fighting expereince ... knows how to do a few 'lines' though...

Ed are you going to tell us how you really feel

I wish I could ... many of the fighters in NJ know the owner as well and know what a $#%# head he is ... thats it from me ...

well to be honest, hes had two locations. he had one in old bridge that went out of business. it then moved to a warehouse space in sayreville nj, i dont know for sure if its still open, maybe ill ride my bike over there today and see. if both of his gyms went under that is a bad sign, however i will say this, he was always known as a great athlete and a tough guy, and friends who have sparred with him have told me hes good. then again any time a scrub spars with a descent guy, he looks good, and my friends who sparred with him were scrubs. however i think as far lapell goes, people should take a free class and check him out themselves before passing judgement. my feeling is he is legit. as for an mma trainer who has never fought? why would you do that when theres mma schools all over jersey with guys who fight. try joe ahlert renzo brown belt in matawan nj.

The LA Boxing in my area (Southern Westchester) is more of a place to get in shape with boxing/kickboxing/muay thai style bag work outs than anything else.  Aside from working with a personal trainer, all of those classes are really just aerobic style bag workouts....no pad drills, positioning drills or really an interaction between you and anything else other than the bag, unless you are working with the personal trainers.  Not sure if this is the same for all of the gyms, but definitely would not qualify as an MMA or fight school in my book.

If your in Sayreville ... go to the Sayreville Fight Club located in the Dolphins gym ... bew place,cage great Trainers and Fighters...

Are any of you going to BodogFIGHT in Trenton, July 14th, at the Sovereign Bank Arena?

I'll be there rooting for Eddie Alvarez ...

I'll be there Tara.

There will also be an Extreme Challenge at the Sovereign Bank Arena on October 6th ...