New MeatEater episodes on netflix today

Heads up for the the guys who watch this show. Steve rinella is one of those guys I could listen to talk about anything. He is so knowledgeable and is a very interesting dude. 

7 Likes

Good looking out

It's only the first half of the season. I'm not sure if they are releasing a part 2 anytime soon. I hope so. Maybe covid somehow fucked with them making the show. 

![](upload://u0loocavXB7og0n8Q73B1xBzmWZ.gif)

Bless you, OP.

I was hoping rinella would come on rogan to promote it but It doesn't look like he's going to. Rinella is always a great guest.

https://youtu.be/IVUjJpk0qWc

Just for anyone who enjoys rinella. Him breaking down movies scenes. The 40 min flys by because of how interesting and knowledgeable he is. 

Rinella is the man. Anyone who doesn't follow him should. 

1 Like

first two episodes were great

Nilgai looks amazing

JT Van Zandt seems like a super cool dude.

In the Colorado muzzle loader episode, it was crazy watching how much Steve Rinella was shaking on the reload. I wouldn't have done any better, but watching such an experienced hunter do that was eye opening. His reaction showed why he's the best ambassador for hunting.

Phuckles -

Rinella is the man. Anyone who doesn't follow him should. 

He's a fuckin cool dude.

The Regulator - 

In the Colorado muzzle loader episode, it was crazy watching how much Steve Rinella was shaking on the reload. I wouldn't have done any better, but watching such an experienced hunter do that was eye opening. His reaction showed why he's the best ambassador for hunting.

Yes! That whole episode is great. He messed up his iron sights and had to leave his spot to go to town. His spot was spoiled by other hunters. Then, he rushed his shot. The adrenaline dump. The disappointment.

He makes the kinds of mistakes or experiences the misfortune that is relatable to every hunter. I totally respect the fact that he shows them all.

He had one, I think in season 6 or 7, where he took two first time hunters out turkey hunting.

He had the woman he was with rush her shot when the turkey appeared out of nowhere behind her and on her off hand. The exact same thing happened to me once. I missed completely at about 10 feet when it scared the crap at of me. In the TV show, the turkey was wounded and ran. She was devastated. It’s the last thing you want to happen to a first time hunter, let alone the bird. Then they find the turkey after it ran through a puddle. The turkey looked like a wet mess curled up dead in the reeds. It looked nothing like the lively, colorfully plumed bird that was shot at. The woman broke down crying and Steve had the cameras turned away and off.

It was a bad moment, but a real moment that every hunter faces.

He’s got so many of these “failures” on tv broadcast to the world. There are tons of clips of him cursing himself, saying the failures make him want to quit hunting altogether lol! Sounds just like me, except he has loads more knowledge and experience.

Hes just a real hunter. It’s the only hunting show my non hunting wife will watch. And it’s the only one my five and three year kids are allowed to watch because he’s such a great ambassador for hunting.

2 Likes

I just started watching Meat Eater this summer and watched seasons 7 & 8. I've hunted big game my entire life all over the west and decided to check it out after hearing about how great the show is. IMO these are the most complete hunting/cooking/meat care shows I've ever watched and was blown away by how good they are. I can see why everyone loves them

2 Likes

i dig his books and vid content despite his sometimes obnoxious tone.

he does a lot for hunting and conservation 

cabincreek -
The Regulator - 

Yes! That whole episode is great. He messed up his iron sights and had to leave his spot to go to town. His spot was spoiled by other hunters. Then, he rushed his shot. The adrenaline dump. The disappointment.

He makes the kinds of mistakes or experiences the misfortune that is relatable to every hunter. I totally respect the fact that he shows them all.

He had one, I think in season 6 or 7, where he took two first time hunters out turkey hunting.

He had the woman he was with rush her shot when the turkey appeared out of nowhere behind her and on her off hand. The exact same thing happened to me once. I missed completely at about 10 feet when it scared the crap at of me. In the TV show, the turkey was wounded and ran. She was devastated. It’s the last thing you want to happen to a first time hunter, let alone the bird. Then they find the turkey after it ran through a puddle. The turkey looked like a wet mess curled up dead in the reeds. It looked nothing like the lively, colorfully plumed bird that was shot at. The woman broke down crying and Steve had the cameras turned away and off.

It was a bad moment, but a real moment that every hunter faces.

He’s got so many of these “failures” on tv broadcast to the world. There are tons of clips of him cursing himself, saying the failures make him want to quit hunting altogether lol! Sounds just like me, except he has loads more knowledge and experience.

Hes just a real hunter. It’s the only hunting show my non hunting wife will watch. And it’s the only one my five and three year kids are allowed to watch because he’s such a great ambassador for hunting.

All of this. 

Unclericco -

I just started watching Meat Eater this summer and watched seasons 7 & 8. I've hunted big game my entire life all over the west and decided to check it out after hearing about how great the show is. IMO these are the most complete hunting/cooking/meat care shows I've ever watched and was blown away by how good they are. I can see why everyone loves them

Awesome. Do what you can to watch the earlier seasons. Also, listen to the Meat Eater podcast. Start from episode one, it is phenomenal. 

Phuckles -
Unclericco -

Awesome. Do what you can to watch the earlier seasons. Also, listen to the Meat Eater podcast. Start from episode one, it is phenomenal. 

I would suggest listening to the two meat tree episodes. It's the episodes where they talk about the brown bear attack they had. It's a crazy story. Remi warren talked about it in jre as well. It sounded like a wild situations. A dude ended up on the back of an 11ft brown bear lol

MojoSoDope -
Phuckles -
Unclericco -

I would suggest listening to the two meat tree episodes. It's the episodes where they talk about the brown bear attack they had. It's a crazy story. Remi warren talked about it in jre as well. It sounded like a wild situations. A dude ended up on the back of an 11ft brown bear lol

Dirt myth, right?

I returned to this thread as I was just driving down the road and saw a Rinella Putelis 2020 sticker. I should get one. All sales go toward the purchase of lands that are given to conservancy agencies to be held as public lands forever. 

1 Like

He’s got a series on YouTube called Das boat

It’s also a good watch

Dirtyzip -

He’s got a series on YouTube called Das boat

It’s also a good watch

Ohhh super good. First season awesome. Second season looks just as good.