New MMA league could include athlete union and 50/50 revenue split

Lmao @ that blatant ripoff of the NFL logo and horrible name…good luck

The fighters that benefit from a union are the fighters that don’t have a name or pay value. To raise their value through a union means they take money from higher tiered fighters. So why would a higher tier fighter sign? And why would we watch lower tier fighters? Not a recipe for success

3 Likes

Exactly. But these new social media influencers that are funding this probably never heard of IFL

Ariel also made a good point about Scott Coker not caring anymore because he got paid out from Strikeforce sale. It sure seems that way.

Why don’t people just support the PFL if they want a league? It’s actually good and no gimmicky team shit.

1 Like

Faggot Burgos still not over Dana calling the media a bunch of scumbags - which most them are.

That said, I support fighters being paid more- the way to do it is to have a product that legitimately competes with the UFC. That way when fighters test free agency it is actually competitive and competing parties end up paying more.

While the UFC is the dominant position it is in then these other orgs can have all the best intentions but they will not force the UFC into some arbitrary increase in revenue share.

1 Like

PFL is just another tax write off organization. When high school football has priority of your live fights on ESPN that says a lot

1 Like

Good point. I do wonder if it’s even possible to start anew Mma org and be remotely compatible with ufc? I don’t know what format I’d use to attract new fans. I don’t think the pfl season/playoffs format works. Holding only tournaments doesn’t seem workable either

I’d love to a few more big mma orgs to pop up but I don’t see it happening

1 Like

The league aspect of pfl really doesn’t work though especially when you only have a 2-3 match season. You can’t determine anything from 2-3 fights

1 Like

The only way to attract the fans is with star fighters

1 Like

Is this the same one that held a show a couple years ago? Remember they were gonna having teams training and fighting out of certain cities and competing vs one another?

They held some sort of pilot show in Atlantic City and then went away. Not talkilng about IFL here or PFL. They held a single show and went away.