new overhead camera for the PPV?

Last night when the fights would go to the ground it would switch to an overhead camera point. I recall them using a high camera before but this seemed different, pointing straight down. It was a strange but cool feature. Did anybody else notice this?

I wish they would bring back the super slo-mo camera that shoots 240 fps.

It would be great to see some replays of Lyoto from that thing.

It's the same cable cam used in the NFL but with a specially modified cable system to go into indoor arenas not normally equipped for it. The first time ever used in that way was last night.

They noted that this camera is used in Undisputed.

Pulk - I wish they would bring back the super slo-mo camera that shoots 240 fps.

It would be great to see some replays of Lyoto from that thing.

Yeah what the hell? Was it too expensive to use? I thought it was bad ass.

it was also noticeable during the stare downs

looked awesome

salto - It's the same cable cam used in the NFL but with a specially modified cable system to go into indoor arenas not normally equipped for it. The first time ever used in that way was last night.

Perhaps in sports (i doubt it though) but cable cam has been used indoors plenty of times.

When they used the overhead camera for lay n pray positions it reminded me of a rape scene.

likatiga - 
salto - It's the same cable cam used in the NFL but with a specially modified cable system to go into indoor arenas not normally equipped for it. The first time ever used in that way was last night.

Perhaps in sports (i doubt it though) but cable cam has been used indoors plenty of times.

You see the sliding cable cam on things like BMX and skateboarding competitions held in warehouse complexes.
The camera last night looked like it was in a fixed position but could swivel by control or something.
I can't remember the position actually moving.

Terra  - I noticed that when Hughes had Serra's back.

Yeah, it was sick, it was also then I realized that it reminded me of some undisputed camera work.

likatiga - 

I mean its been used by UFC but never directly over the octagon before because the lighting setup prevented it.

FatChrist Magic - They noted that this camera is used in Undisputed.

not quite. they said the camera view was brought to you by UFC Undisputed. courtesy of thq

salto - 
likatiga - 

I mean its been used by UFC but never directly over the octagon before because the lighting setup prevented it.

I see. I've seen cable cam set up quite a bit and it's amazing what those guys can do with what they're given to work with. Each time it's set up, it's a new problem to be solved.

I think Vince McMahon started the overhead slow motion camera when he did the whole XFL thing. Thanks WWE.

It was an interesting shot, maybe just because it was unfamiliar.

It was the first time for cablecam to film the UFC, they have supported boxing events there before.  The camera was definitely moving in X,Y, and Z and could pan, rotate, and zoom.  It is closely related to skycam, the football setup, but a little bit different.

Work actually flew me out there to check out the camera install as we are looking at one for work.  Great opportunity for me.  I was pretty impressed by their setup and what they could do with it.

ttt