New project: Make Dodge Ram 1500 Zombieapocalpyse

Make my Dodge Ram 1500 Zombie Apocalypse ready!

It's a spare vehicle now and I figured I'd have some fun with it.

I figured I start by taking it up 3-4 inches, adding some super tough tires and rims.

Then throw a front grill from a buddy's mod shop on the frame and adding a truck cab rear window grill as well.

Of course I'll need lights all over for when the power goes out and spare battery or two.

Who's in and if so throw some suggestions and ideas my way! If anyone wants I'll post pics, before, during and after.

Any and all ideas welcome

P.S...might use for camping trips as well ;)

Trucks look the toughest when the lift is kept low while adding the biggest tires possible. Get some of the cut out style fender flares. You cut about 4" of sheet metal from all around the fender to clear bigger tires. You can still lift it 4", but you'll probably clear 38's instead of 35's. Phone Post 3.0

Uploaded with Imgupr
Kinda like this. Big fucking tires. Phone Post 3.0

^Also get Spacers. For that aggressive wider look. Phone Post 3.0

.50 cal on a turret in a swivel-mounted shark cage on top to take out zombies or other vehicles. Flame throwers around the edges on the bottom to roast anyone or anything that tries to surround your vehicle. 2" Steel plate enclosed ice chest mounted on back for soda pop and snacks, or for ice and whatever fish you catch.

Line-X everything. Zombie juice is corrosive.

Make it look like the one from death race. It was a ram also Phone Post 3.0

I think this is a ford...

Uploaded with Imgupr

Awesome ideas so far guys. Taking this to heart and I like the low wide stance idea. Helps keep the truck from turning over when running over zombie bodies.

MrFluffyHippo - I think this is a ford...

Uploaded with Imgupr
You can tell it's a ford, by the way that it is. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure how to post photos on this forum as a mud or I would of "before" vehicle photos lol

Damn you Kirik!!!!

Expedition Portal is the website you seek for badass builds.

thaVANILLA Gorilla -
MrFluffyHippo - I think this is a ford...

Uploaded with Imgupr
You can tell it's a ford, by the way that it is. Phone Post 3.0
That's pretty neat! Phone Post 3.0

Nice stupid newbie...checking it out now

I never understood why guys would jack up their trucks, adding huge wheels & tires, yet never consider changing gearing or doing engine upgrades to improve torque...especially considering their still spending a shitload of additional $$$ on other mods - most of which will add to the weight of the truck.

OJTT_Wiggy - I never understood why guys would jack up their trucks, adding huge wheels & tires, yet never consider changing gearing or doing engine upgrades to improve torque...especially considering their still spending a shitload of additional $$$ on other mods - most of which will add to the weight of the truck.
I didn't know anyone DIDNT change gears when adding a lift and tires. That's pretty much implied no? Phone Post 3.0

Stupidnewbie -

The last one is sweet!! Phone Post 3.0

The Cummins diesel rigs are perfect for .......rigging.
Armor, breathers, mini-gun, radar jamming, cloaking device, oil slick, tacks, flamethrower, grenade launcher.
Great rig for......rigging. Phone Post 3.0

Stupidnewbie - Expedition Portal is the website you seek for badass builds.

Man thanks for mentioning this site.

I recently stumbled upon the site reading about 4 wd vans etc.

Also found an article " The Ten Best Vehicles For Exploring The World." Neat stuff, practical advice not crazy $ advice. Was amazed at the places the author had driven.

Heck a bit off topic but hear ya go.

http://jalopnik.com/5958901/the-ten-best-used-vehicles-for-exploring-the-world