New report: as many as FOUR officers outside not 1

On Friday, CNN issued a shock report finding that earlier reports regarding Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy Scot Peterson — the armed school safety officer who apparently cowered outside the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School while a mass shooter slaughtered 17 people inside — were accurate, but that Peterson wasn’t the only officer waiting outside. According to CNN:

When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

So there were four armed officers outside the school. And none of them did anything, according to CNN. They instead waited for Coral Springs police to lead the charge inside.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27523/breaking-cnn-reports-four-broward-county-deputies-ben-shapiro

If the shooter was black the cops would've wrapped that shit up in five minutes.

MarcusAurelioFan -

If the shooter was black the cops would've wrapped that shit up in five minutes.

Yeah blacks never get arrested for murder. If there's one thing you can say about prison, it's "where the hell are all the black men?"

And on a 26 min tape delay, shooter was reportedly at WalMart when they were searching for him on the 2nd floor.

what a shitshow.

I hope Coral Springs PD releases the video of these dick tucks talking their way out of going inside.

Meanwhile you have an unarmed coach get in his golf cart and haul ass inside to help, teenage JROTC students shielding others with kevlar and holding open doors while there’s upwards of 5 armed sheriff’s officers just waiting outside. 

It was bad enough when it was just one officer who did nothing, but FOUR?! So fucking ridiculous and embarrassing. 

That's why we need veterans on duty. Cops are too used to avoiding shit. Vets run towards gunfire.

TzTinkle - I hope Coral Springs PD releases the video of these dick tucks talking their way out of going inside.

It’ll take judicial watch or somebody to use FOIA to have a chance at releasing it. No way will they do it voluntarily 

One valid argument against having AR's etc. is those cops are way out gunned with just a pistol. And those rifle rounds will blow through their body armor like a knife through butter. 

Not excusing the cops if this report is true at all. But no doubt that is in the back of some of their minds especially if it is one guy with a pistol against someone with a high capacity rifle. Not all police were infantry Marines. 

Remember, when you advocate disarming yourself and others, Cops have zero legal obligation to protect you or your kids.

TexDeuce -

One valid argument against having AR's etc. is those cops are way out gunned with just a pistol. And those rifle rounds will blow through their body armor like a knife through butter. 

Not excusing the cops if this report is true at all. But no doubt that is in the back of some of their minds especially if it is one guy with a pistol against someone with a high capacity rifle. Not all police were infantry Marines. 

Pretty much every cop car has a patrol rifle in it.  

TexDeuce -

It's more of an argument FOR allowing citizens to continue owning ARs since confiscation is unrealistic and every free American should have access to a level of weapon properly suited to the task of self defense.

I’m no hero but how the hell could you live with yourself just standing there doing nothing knowing that every shot you hear is ending the life of a kid? Jesus, smh. 

Fathead D -
TexDeuce -

The first cop was on foot and only had his pistol. The other police were said to just have their pistols out.

I get your point but a lot of time the police will be on foot without their rifle and will only have their pistol with them.  

TexDeuce -
Fathead D -
TexDeuce -

The first cop was on foot and only had his pistol. The other police were said to just have their pistols out.

I get your point but a lot of time the police will be on foot without their rifle and will only have their pistol with them.  

They are said to have been cowering behind their patrol cars which presumably contained rifles and/or shotguns.

TexDeuce - 

Most patrolmen these days carry the AR15, I know several. You can opt out, and not qualify with it, but most officers, especially young ones, all have one. I even see them on motorcyles now. I am just shocked out of the 4 there, there wasn't one rifle.

Most cops have three mags on them at all times, one in the pistol, two on the hip. That’s 180 rounds between the 4 of them.

They also waited outside for minutes, plenty of time to grab a rifle if they wanted one. 

Its fucking insane to me you have 4 officers with 180 rounds directly on them, presumably vested, and no one wanted to go in. Waiting behind their cruisers which more than likely had a rifle in each one. Soooo just chill by the cruisers? 

Positive Energy -
TexDeuce -

It's more of an argument FOR allowing citizens to continue owning ARs since confiscation is unrealistic and every free American should have access to a level of weapon properly suited to the task of self defense.

Almost every self defense scenario that comes up for the average person an AR isn't necessary. A pistol or shotgun would be more than adequate.

I prefer my pistol in my home and I own an AR and AK.

TexDeuce -
Positive Energy -
TexDeuce -

Almost every self defense scenario that comes up for the average person an AR isn't necessary. A pistol or shotgun would be more than adequate.

I prefer my pistol in my home and I own an AR and AK.

Good for you, but any firearms expert would agree that an AR is far superior to a pistol for home defense scenarios and many feel ARs are a better choice than a shotgun. 

Never_rolled -
Positive Energy -
TexDeuce -

Stop repeating things you know nothing about. Every BSO has an AR in their car. 

Quoted wrong person.

If you are referring to me I never said they don't. I have no idea what BSO does. (I have good friends who are police I know most vehicles have rifles) but the article said they had their pistols out. 

And my comment was more a general statement and not for this specific incident. Where police are often outside their vehicle walking into a building or following up on something (domestic violence etc.) where they only have their pistol on them.