New Ryan Hall instructional series?

TheBulgarianAssassin - What is the new DVD set bout? More 50/50 guard or something different?

Cuz I just got the 50/50 set and it's awesome so far.

The new sets are on back attacks and the deep half guard. Each set has 3 discs just like the 50/50 and the triangle set.

Here's a link to the combo pack with video samples:

http://www.groundfighter.com/Ryan-Hall-Combo-Pack-Back-Attacks-and-The-Deep-Half-Guard/

Everything at the store is 50% off until 11/30 by using the coupon code "black"

just watched the first 45 min twice
and its really good stuff
he's a very good teacher
its not the show you the technique and why it works for him
its more show, explain and go over the details of how the position can be compromised and the chain to stop it if it is

this is what other guys need to do in their tapes
they have great techniques but they aren't showing where to go if its stuffed or defended well

I recommend it

double post

and its back attacks and deep half

a suggestion

give away the first 45 minutes
there's now way a serious practitioner doesn't want to know what else is in it
you will have guys buying the hell out of it

I own 4 of his instructionals, Triangle, 50/50, Deep Half Guard, and Back Attacks.  I would say that they're all worth it, especially if any of those are areas you're personally interested in for your individual game.

I know that a lot of people are drawn to, or turned off, by Ryan's competition game and BJJ style.  But honestly, leaving all that aside, he has a rare ability communicate effectively, present material properly, and offer useful analysis of pertinent principles in a way that is both effective and easy to absorb.

I haven't watched every instructional ever, but of the ones I have seen Ryan Hall seems to have the most effective teaching style.  Also a teaching style that I think would work well for a large range of practicioners.

I have to ask this question even though I'm sure I'll sounds like an asshole in doing so. Does Ryan blink nonstop during the instructionals? Him doing that on his old videos that I saw made them unwatchable to me. He seems to have a good good teaching style but I just found it so distracting that I couldn't tune it out.

Damnit.  Double post.

His teaching is very very good. He's a bit too verbose for me personally, but the concepts & principles he teaches are very important. I wish he would've done a set on his inverted guard for the gi. Is it still his trademark guard & I think it would fill a huge hole in the market. Regardless of what he says, his inverted guard is what he does against the elite: Mendes, Vieira, Canal, etc. Personally, I don't know him as a deep 1/2 guy at all. I've seen all his matches from last few World's and he used it to transition to the 50/50 on the other leg. Watch his matches with Henrique Rezende!

I don't see Ryan using Deep HG often. Whenever he said "I use this all the time" I wasn't sure what he meant as the only time I recall him attacking from dhg in competition was his match vs Hermes Franca.

I'm sure he means in training rather than competition. However, I think I remember him sweeping Rafael Mendes at the Mundials this year from deep half.

Also, I think I remember him attempting it alot when he rolled with Marcelo on the vids of them rolling at Marcelo's academy.

Thanks kcabehtekat. I'll have to check them out.

I could care or less about his blinking. This is great instructional material (DHG and Back Attacks) which is already helping me with different aspects of my game.

Whatever Paul Viele paid him to do this set wasn't enough.

He seems so wired when doing this DVD set. He talks so damn fast that it ruins the set. I have to listen to it in small sessions in order to tolerate it. I think they need to do a voice over for him. I do like how Paul added the breathing sound between clips.

man i dunno bro

maybe if the dvd was sub par
but this thing is gold

i guess everyone is different. Marcelo's high-pitched voice over with like half of what he's saying annoyed me to no end

he's walking you through every scenario
with most its fade to new technique
never going over x factor

man i dunno bro

maybe if the dvd was sub par
but this thing is gold

i guess everyone is different. Marcelo's high-pitched voice over with like half of what he's saying annoyed me to no end

he's walking you through every scenario
with most its fade to new technique
never going over x factor

some of you people amaze me - this is the best dvd ever (back attacks) seriously all gold all stuff you can and must use right away really anything ryan makes ill get other instructional s should learn from him and build theirs just like his

does this dvd show how to get to the back from guard positions?

I cant wait to get Ryan's new dvds, I have his triangle and 50/50 dvds and they are amongst the best instructionals that I own!

50/50 dvd was awesome, I'm sure the back attack one is going to be really really good. Does a great job explaining things and seems to look deeply into why things work.

I've got the Ryan Hall Deep Half Guard DVD set.
I want the Jeff Glover Deep Half Guard DVD set.
Whoever wants to make an even trade, e-mail me at:
cardiotektools@yahoo.com