New Scoring System- 2pt Must

Obviously no score for that one.

ttt

Championship bout up next!!!

our first 5 round fight with the new scoring system.

Well folks we have edgar winning that fight by majority dec.

Judge A-

43 to 35 Edgar

Judge B-

42 to 42 DRAW

Judge C-

42 to 41 Edgar

ttt

I'm tired. so I'll post the detailed scoring tomarrow.

I find your system extremely faulty on many levels:

- Striking is more important than "grappling" (which I assume you mean wrestling since submissions are separate)

- What is damage? How can you gauge the damage done by a near submission? What do you do about fighters who cut easily? Most damage is caused by striking so if you win the striking you will most of the time win the damage so you are double counting.

- Aggression/Cage Control is the same problem as it is now. You CANNOT win aggression/cage control without winning either striking or grappling so you are double counting on this too.

Hey Haulport,

Grappling is wrestling, positoning, clinching, takedowns, takedown defence, etc.

Striking can be done from any position. Standing, Clinching, from the top or bottom. If you think striking is more important than grappling, please refer to Couture Vs Tony for a different opinion.

Damage is probably the most overlooked asspect of the current system. Damage includes: Cuts, swelling, welts, fatigue, obvious leg and rib damage, busted ribs, hopefully you get the picture.

As far as fighters who cut easily...that's tough! Some fighters gas easy, some are freakishly strong, some have a glass jaw, we still judge the fights the same.

Aggression/cage control is to reward the fighters for fighting to finish, while making the fight happen where they want it.

Apprec the points but I think if you would score a few fights yourself with this system, you may change your mind.

I was judge B, scoring the title fight a draw. I think this system has a lot of potential and just with the one main card we had a decision that conflicted with the current system (the Diaz/Kim fight), which I think a lot of fans would agree with.

I was judge B, scoring the title fight a draw. I think this system has a lot of potential and just with the one main card we had a decision that conflicted with the current system (the Diaz/Kim fight), which I think a lot of fans would agree with.

tx3

MagnumBill - Hey Haulport,

Grappling is wrestling, positoning, clinching, takedowns, takedown defence, etc.

Striking can be done from any position. Standing, Clinching, from the top or bottom. If you think striking is more important than grappling, please refer to Couture Vs Tony for a different opinion.

Damage is probably the most overlooked asspect of the current system. Damage includes: Cuts, swelling, welts, fatigue, obvious leg and rib damage, busted ribs, hopefully you get the picture.

As far as fighters who cut easily...that's tough! Some fighters gas easy, some are freakishly strong, some have a glass jaw, we still judge the fights the same.

Aggression/cage control is to reward the fighters for fighting to finish, while making the fight happen where they want it.

Apprec the points but I think if you would score a few fights yourself with this system, you may change your mind.
Your glib and dismissive responses indicate a lack of depth in your thinking and some defensiveness.

You explaining to me what other people think aggression/cage control is doesn't answer my question. Explain to me how it is possible for a fighter lose the striking or grappling but win aggression/cage control? Good luck with that........

And saying it's "tough" for fighters who cut easily is idiotic. You CANNOT compare a fighter who has excessive scar tissue to someone who has a glass jaw. That is flat out silly. It is nearly impossible to assess "damage" done and cuts don't "cut it."

As far as striking and grappling and which is more important: you are missing my point. I didn't mean that being a one dimensional striking is better than being a one dimensional grappler. What I meant was that if someone does a lot of striking damage and another fighter simply out grapples his opponent in that same round the striking is more important.

tx3

As far as striking and grappling and which is more important: you are missing my point. I didn't mean that being a one dimensional striking is better than being a one dimensional grappler. What I meant was that if someone does a lot of striking damage and another fighter simply out grapples his opponent in that same round the striking is more important.

If you have never been under a good wrestler or bjj player it would be easy to think like this.... a good grappler can totally suck the life out of you and take a lot of stream out of your striking. I think this scoring system has potential...

And octagon control/aggression would obviously go to the grappler if the striker was not able to work TDD or get back to standing, kind of negates the striking advantage

Not so much.

nikondaroad - 

If you have never been under a good wrestler or bjj player it would be easy to think like this.... a good grappler can totally suck the life out of you and take a lot of stream out of your striking. I think this scoring system has potential...
So if a fighter is getting lit up on the feet and takes the fight to the ground out of desperation and then the bottom fighter elbows the SHIT out of the fighter who took him down but is getting completely out grappled (can't get up, got taken down multiple times in the round, loses guard a few times, etc.) then you think the fighter on the bottom should get 2 points for damage and 2 points for striking and the fighter on top should get 2 points for grappling and two points for "control" thus making it an even round even though one fighter got the shit kicked out of him and just held on to dear life and used superior wrestling?

And I have had Div 1 wrestlers take me down repeatedly and have to try and sub them from the bottom.

What a load of utter nonsense!

'My back ground is primarily striking' what? striking your bedroom door when you didn't get that nintendo wii for christmas ?

Better luck next time.