New scotch whiskey and tequila thread

This week , I went with black ridge whiskey , Avion anejo tequila and a glenmorangie sampler pack. The black ridge was overpriced for what it is imo . Will Def be going back to eagle rare. The Avion is amazing . And about to cracked open the sampler. Review to follow. Whatchu drankin?

are you a new mod i havent seen you as a red before

Drinking Ardbeg Uigeadail at the moment, the ultimate in smokey notes. The only time i will add a half cube to my nip.

http://www.ardbeg.com/shop/product/whisky/ardbeg-uigeadail.html

Nope. I just don't post as much as I once did. Work and life gets in the way of my og ing. I am the creator of the beer poker cigar ground .

why are you no longer red now? im confused

lol awesome

joesonshuevos - http://www.whisky-drinker.com/pages/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/glenmorangie_new_bottle1a.jpg

what year are the glenmorangie's?

love some glenmorangies, right now I'm drinking rum though with 3 bottles left from a girls night my wife had I might as well enjoy some free booze

Oh shit. The colour hat trick.

The Glenmorangie sampler is easily our pick for the best holiday gift of the season.  It will please both the aficionado and the novice on your list.  The sampler includes four expressions from this noted Highland distillery in 100ml miniature bottles.  Enjoy The Original, as well as a sherry matured Lasanta.  Also included are the port wood matured Quinta Ruban and wonderful Nectar D'Or, which has been finished in French Sauterne barriques.  A dazzling selection for $59.99 USD (plus tax & shipping).

In for OG knowledge. I'm fairly new to scotch, my girlfriends dad is a scotch drinker and I've learned to enjoy it.  Bought a bottle of Aberlour 12 and 16 last week. 

Aberlour is awesome. I have a bottle of that as well. Along with balvenie 12. Those 2 are always present in my house. I recently got some Oban also. Really good but I prefer aberlour. The last 1 I didn't care for was Highland Park 15 . Just not my thing.

joesonshuevos - Aberlour is awesome. I have a bottle of that as well. Along with balvenie 12. Those 2 are always present in my house. I recently got some Oban also. Really good but I prefer aberlour. The last 1 I didn't care for was Highland Park 15 . Just not my thing.

I didn't like the Highland 15 either, around the house Glenlivet 12 or 15 are usually found. My girlfriends parents just came back from celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and the brought home  the Glenmorangie that's finished in sherry casks, haven't gotten to try it yet. 

This is summer I lived Ocean City, Md. I went for sushi about once a week and drank Japanese whisky: Yamazaki, Hibiki, and Hakashu. I don't know if that is sacrilegious or not to scotch drinkers, but I really enjoyed them. Anyone have experience with them?

sub Phone Post 3.0

I like Highland Park, all my buddies who like scotch suggested it, Glenlivet 12 is good, the 15 in the French oak cask I like a lot.

I tried the nectar and quinta. The former is really nice. A little cleaner than the traditional offering. The quinta is a lil bolder, yet I found myself enjoying it more. Both Id recommend.

whats your follow-up thread to this one?

Ferrari's and Dodge Neons?!!!!

Macallan is my favorite and I visited the distillery a few years back in the Spy Side area of Scotland. Glenmorangie is great and I like Talisker from time to time but the best whisky I've ever had was a 30 year Macallan. Drinking heaven.

Glenmorangie Necator D'Or is the motherfucking bomb.

Right now I have 5 bottles of scotch in my house (ordered from best to worst):

Lagavulin 12 (limited edition cask strength)
Compass Box Oak Cross
Johnnie Walker Black
Michel Couvreur 12 (some belgian guy who overages scotch in burgundy casks)
Chivas 12 (weakest of the bunch)

I also have a bottle of Godet Antarctica white cognac which is kind of interesting.

If it's Scotch, then it's "whisky" without the "e".