New Social Justice Show on Comedy Channel

This show looks terrible.

horrible

Damn. Its a shame you are forced to watch it.

Here's the odd thing about CC taking this direction.

A LOT of the shows they are probably infuriate SJW's. Think about the crude humor that can be offensive if you're so inclined on South Park, Archer, Tosh.o, etc.

While the daily show with Jon Stewart always had a left bend, they made a conscious decision when the replaced him and gave Noah the job and gave Wilmore a show too. Now this, I really don't know what to make of it.

It seems hypocritical to say the least.

Excellent.

How good was the Daily show's evisceration of O'Reilly last night?! So good.

Same with Full Frontal assaulting the rise of the alt-right. I feel sad for Americans that can't have a laugh at their own team.

It's nothing complex Thage. Conservative humor is fucking appalling because it punches down, is incapable of self-deprication and generally relies on social antipathy towards other groups... It generally thrives on negativity and hate, which is just sad and free of uplifting humor.

Attacking the people least that can least defend themselves rather than the people most able to is just a shit-show in terms of humor.

Also, probably give a listen to him on Rogans podcast. He knows what he is, but he's not the douche you might think he is.

Or not

Alumynabjj -
Conor McGazelle - Damn. Its a shame you are forced to watch it.
No one is watching it. Google comedy Central ratings.
Cool. I didn't watch either.

Alumynabjj - 
pulsar -

Excellent.

Same with Full Frontal assaulting the rise of the alt-right. I feel sad for Americans that can't have a laugh at their own team.

It's nothing complex Thage. Conservative humor is fucking appalling because it punches down, is incapable of self-deprication and generally relies on social antipathy towards other groups... It generally thrives on negativity and hate, which is just sad and free of uplifting humor.

Attacking the people least that can least defend themselves rather than the people most able to is just a shit-show in terms of humor.

Lol at this blather. Donald is president because of dipshits like you.

Don't fear reality friend. Just understand your kind thrives on antiquated notions of social order and an unending well of hate.

It's cool. Liberalism will continue to try and provide a society that will accept your hate.

I looked it up. 

Cultural Appropriation

The ridiculous notion that being of a different culture or race (especially white) means that you are not allowed to adopt things from other cultures. This does nothing but support segregation and hinder progress in the world. All it serves to do is to promote segregation and racism.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cultural+Appropriation&amp=true&defid=7979610

pulsar - 

Excellent.

As per usual, the point was completely missed by you.

Not once did I argue in favor of "Conservative humor".

I pointed out the seeming hypocrisy of far left types having shows at night that call out issues that bother them, that the channel they are being broadcast on routinely uses as fodder for laughs.

Is that really hard to comprehend?

You do realize that most other comedy central shows make fun of people based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc?

So the company has shows that punch down, while at the same time have "news" shows that punch up.

Also, Samantha Bee's show is absolutely atrocious.

pulsar -

Excellent.

Lol at this garbage and your white mans burden that you and your ilk need to take up the cause for "marginalized" peoples. It's just sooooo brave and edgy to to make fun of conservatives, its only been done for decades by celebrities, media and advertisers. Anyone that makes fun of one of your  protectorates gets labeled a nazi, racist, sexist, or whatever else there is. 

pulsar -
Alumynabjj - 
pulsar -

Excellent.

Lol at this blather. Donald is president because of dipshits like you.

Don't fear reality friend. Just understand your kind thrives on antiquated notions of social order and an unending well of hate.

It's cool. Liberalism will continue to try and provide a society that will accept your hate.

Well now I just realized your far left troll. 

Jesus that video. Comparing a random guy that has to cut his long hair to look appropriate for a job to a celebrity?

no on challenges that white guilt bullshit? 

i suppose it's racist when a white guy has to cut his long hair for a job and the guy that plays thor lands a million dollar acting gig.

Thage - 
pulsar - 

Excellent.

I pointed out the seeming hypocrisy of far left types having shows at night that call out issues that bother them, that the channel they are being broadcast on routinely uses as fodder for laughs.

You do realize that most other comedy central shows make fun of people based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, etc?

So the company has shows that punch down, while at the same time have "news" shows that punch up.

Cc hits all sides, its not hypocritical its comedy.

KlingKiteMayor - 
Thage - 
pulsar - 

Excellent.

Cc hits all sides, its not hypocritical its comedy.

Eh, it does, but again you're missing my point.

The Daily Show, Larry Wilmore's show, and now potentially this new one deal in a brand of comedy that mostly goes after the right and white people.

Larry Wilmore's show was almost nothing but black comedians and white guilt ones attacking white people and conservatives. Larry is actually a funny guy but his show was agenda driven. It wasn't seeking to be funny on a comedy channel, it had an express purpose.

My thing is that it's a little hypocritical to have 2-3 shows that are agenda driven comedy focused at attacking white racism/bigotry/etc and then have shows that espouse the very things those people go after on the same channel.

It's not really hypocritical of CC, it's hypocritical of the hosts if they actually believe what they preach.

I give it 13 eps before it gets axed.

Comedy central is desperately trying to find successful programming. They have 1 solid money maker at the moment in south park.

Who is allowed to wear dreadlocks? Who said these idiots get to determine what anyone else does with their hair? Do they not realize that dreadlocks aren't exclusive to black people and never have been? White Europeans had them centuries ago. Who gives a shit if some dirty hippy wants to rock them now? 

Dajuisher -

I looked it up. 

Cultural Appropriation

The ridiculous notion that being of a different culture or race (especially white) means that you are not allowed to adopt things from other cultures. This does nothing but support segregation and hinder progress in the world. All it serves to do is to promote segregation and racism.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cultural+Appropriation&amp=true&defid=7979610

Nailed it.

Mark Antony's hangover - 
pulsar -

Excellent.

Lol at this garbage and your white mans burden that you and your ilk need to take up the cause for "marginalized" peoples. It's just sooooo brave and edgy to to make fun of conservatives, its only been done for decades by celebrities, media and advertisers. Anyone that makes fun of one of your  protectorates gets labeled a nazi, racist, sexist, or whatever else there is. 

It's about taking shots at the establishment you drooling cretin. Who are the first groups targetted by fascist and authoritarian regimes? Comedians and those willing to highlight the inequities found within society. It's not exclusive to your pathetically myopic view of 'white man guilt' or 'the assault on christianity' or insert whatever rubbish you forward to get to grips with your grasp of humor.

You attempt to boil down decades of comedy based on your notion of SJW shit or 'white man guilt'. It's pathetic and only you hard right neo-on extremists jabber one with it.

Cry more. Wuss.

Thage - 
pulsar - 

Excellent.

Sam Bee's show isn't my fave, but it's still very witty and clever.

If you actually watched it and could put aside your humor impairment you would have seen the huge swipe she took at how ineffective the US left has been in harnessing anti-Trump notions and movements since the election. Plenty of hits on the standard left steretype of latte sipping avocado toast eating hipsters. Similar shots have been taken at Clinton and Sanders supporters all the way down to freaks like Dolezal. Reading stuff like your posts makes it sound like it's all one way traffic and that's just not the truth.

Part of why it's so easy making comedy with a left-wing bent is because the current conservative platform is just a parade of walking contradictions. The comedy simply writes itself. Donald Trump is an asbolute god-send in this regard for comedians, but you don't recognize that because conservatives live in their own dimension where their social and political views can't be challenged. Shit, most conservatives have conniptions and go into victim mentalities with humor so easily, it's really quite pathetic.

Conservatives also tend to be more extreme certainly looking at the evoluion of politics today, and that's never going to be compatible with many forms of humor which relies on their audience being closer to the centre.