New Study; COVID-19 only targets Americans

gooddrewman -
Soup and Beer -
gooddrewman - 

I live in Tokyo the reason we don't have the problems like in the US is because when I step out my front door 99% of people are wearing masks. Not because the government is forcing them to, but because they are decent human beings and not retarded.

Is it true at the beginning of this Japan issued 50 million cloth masks to the population?   It sounds like this is the most efficient way of living with the virus with the least amount of economic impact.  At least until a vaccine is found.

Yeah they called them the Abe masks. I still have mine. I just used the ones I bought before.

Um, Japan is home to the ninja. Of course you're all wearing masks. 

Good on ya though. Sets a fine example.

1 Like

gooddrewman -

I live in Tokyo the reason we don't have the problems like in the US is because when I step out my front door 99% of people are wearing masks. Not because the government is forcing them to, but because they are decent human beings and not retarded.

gooddrewman

Wow, 72 posts in 8 years. We all appreciate your anti-American sentiments Drew!

CharlesMartel -
tycoon - Answer is simple. Japan wears masks and it is the norm. In the US too many people watched our President lead by example to refuse to wear a mask and the sheep followed suit using it as a political statement. Now we have a larger outbreak.

You dolts re so stupid and dishonest.

You are really going to say it's because of Trump?

It couldn't be that the major hot spots and were most cases/deaths happened were in states where the governors mandated that nursing home patients that were positive for covid were put back into the nursing homes while still infectious and without informing the facilities that they were positive?

It can't be the fact the there are way more obese and unhealthy people in the US vs. Japan?

It's not because science became politicized and scientists/the media engaged in widespread disinfo regarding treatments initially...only for most of their conclusions to end up being false/really bad science.

It can't be the fact that tens of thousands of people rioted and protested like the video below in every major US city?

Dumbass takes like yours is why no progress is ever made.  Orange man bad will be the scapegoat again and governors/local politicians that enacted disasterous policies will get a pass.  The fact that Americans are ridiculously unhealthy won't get addressed... and so on.

lol. You're so triggered and acting like a child. Now sit down, read this study and get back to me when you're finished.

https://www.nber.org/papers/w27408.pdf

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/01/research-determines-protests-did-not-cause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/#ca4f23b7dac7

player101 -
gooddrewman -

gooddrewman

I served 6 years in the US military. I'm anything but anti American. I am anti idiots who won't do a simple thing and put a mask on to protect fellow Americans. If you don't wear a mask you are the one who is anti American

4 Likes

gooddrewman -
player101 -
gooddrewman -

gooddrewman

I served 6 years in the US military. I'm anything but anti American. I am anti idiots who won't do a simple thing and put a mask on to protect fellow Americans. If you don't wear a mask you are the one who is anti American

tycoon -
CharlesMartel -
tycoon - Answer is simple. Japan wears masks and it is the norm. In the US too many people watched our President lead by example to refuse to wear a mask and the sheep followed suit using it as a political statement. Now we have a larger outbreak.

You dolts re so stupid and dishonest.

You are really going to say it's because of Trump?

It couldn't be that the major hot spots and were most cases/deaths happened were in states where the governors mandated that nursing home patients that were positive for covid were put back into the nursing homes while still infectious and without informing the facilities that they were positive?

It can't be the fact the there are way more obese and unhealthy people in the US vs. Japan?

It's not because science became politicized and scientists/the media engaged in widespread disinfo regarding treatments initially...only for most of their conclusions to end up being false/really bad science.

It can't be the fact that tens of thousands of people rioted and protested like the video below in every major US city?

Dumbass takes like yours is why no progress is ever made.  Orange man bad will be the scapegoat again and governors/local politicians that enacted disasterous policies will get a pass.  The fact that Americans are ridiculously unhealthy won't get addressed... and so on.

lol. You're so triggered and acting like a child. Now sit down, read this study and get back to me when you're finished.

https://www.nber.org/papers/w27408.pdf

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/01/research-determines-protests-did-not-cause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/#ca4f23b7dac7

Are you really that dumb to believe that?

The paper is absolute garbage and uses these insane logical jumps.

One of the main arguments they use is that cities saw a net increase in social distancing during the protests because so many people decided to stay off the streets.  This doesn't take into account the fact that tens of thousands of people were interacting with each other in close proximity.  They were typically young and a large portion of them went back home and interacted with their close family and friends.  It could be true that a majority of their friends  and family might have stayed home practicing social distancing while they were at the protests, like the paper claims happened, but all that social distancing doesn't matter when they're exposed to a person who was just at the protests.  The paper just bypasses the fact that regardless if a city experienced a net increase in social distancing during the protests/riots, that social distancing doesn't matter when the protesters/rioters all go back and interact with the people hypothetically engaging in social distancing after engaging in the risky behavior of being around tens of thousands of other people.

Can you please answer how the paper is persuasive after failing to address this?

The paper engages in these logical leaps because of policies like these:

NYC's contact tracers have been told not to ask people if they've attended a protest

[https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-contact-tracers-not-asking-people-attend-george-floyd-protest-2020-6?r=US&IR=T]

COVID-19 patients aren’t asked whether they participated in protests, doctor says

The director of the Florida Department of Health in Orange County Dr. Raul Pino said that contact tracers responsible for determining how a person acquired the deadly respiratory illness and tracking down others who may have been exposed don’t specifically ask about a patient’s participation in protests or other political activity.

When asked Monday about any correlation between the racial justice rallies about two weeks ago and the recent record-high numbers, Pino said, “I don’t think that’s a coincidence.”

While patients are asked about their recent activity, Pino said contact tracers have to be careful not to bring up the protests.

“As I was saying before these words like a clock. The marks for the two weeks was after Memorial Day weekend and right after the bars and other establishments of that nature were open and the idea is that we don’t ask specifically to individuals ‘Have you been at the protest?' because there’s so many elements of freedom and rights for those individuals to be at those protests and also the information that we collect is voluntarily offered to us,” Pino said.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/06/30/covid-19-patients-arent-asked-whether-they-participated-in-protests-doctor-says/

2 Likes

player101 -
gooddrewman -
player101 -
gooddrewman -

gooddrewman

Just like you don't believe facts and logic. Arguing with you anti mask guys is like arguing with an anti vaxxer or flat earther. There's really no point. So I'll just say this. Try to use a little logic. You don't want your state to shut down. Tokyo never 100% shut down and hasn't had anything close to the problems as cities in the US even though it's more densely populated. Everyone in Tokyo wears masks. If you don't want your state to shut down what should you do? 

1 Like

I have said from day 1 that covid is a bioweapon. look at the basic story. a mongoloid could fogure it out. cant deny it. 

2 Likes

Q Anon - Using FEAR propaganda to control people's lives is pretty disgusting, but it is happening to the U.S.

Tokyo, JP has a population of 37 million people and they're all congested into smaller land mass as compared to U.S areas.

Now get this, 37 million people in a congested area and they're averaging less than 100 positive cases per day.

New York City with a population of only 8 million is averaging 800 new cases per day.

How is this happening?

Only 2 logical explanations..

1) Covid 19 is actively seeking Westerners

2) The numbers being reported are flat out lies.

It's up to you to decide what is really going on..

Here's another scenario, Japan isn't filled with brain dead conspiritards that misunderstand personal freedoms and constitutional rights. Japanese actually wear masks and follow public health policy. They've been extremely effective at testing, contact tracing, and following PPE guidelines. 

Quite a few nations have already shown we can keep an economy running while staying safe if we're united and willing to sacrifice the smallest amount of comfort to save lives. Unfortunately that's apparently too tall an order for many Americans.

3 Likes

Fedorthedrummer - 
onepunchJD -
tycoon - 
Q Anon -
onepunchJD - 
tycoon - Answer is simple. Japan wears masks and it is the norm. In the US too many people watched our President lead by example to refuse to wear a mask and the sheep followed suit using it as a political statement. Now we have a larger outbreak.

When exactly did Trump refuse to wear a mask?

He never did, the media has brainwashed the sheep to think Trump hates masks.

No need to lie. I've watched almost all his conferences and can back up everything I say. Like I said, sheep.

The only sheep are those against Trump.

Un-American sheep.

It's not debatable.

I know a ton of Trump supporters and they’re all giant retards. Never walked away from a conversation with them thinking “wow, this person seems to have it together”. It’s always the same childish bullshit and when presented with facts they start to double down on their stupidity. It’s actually kind of amazing. 

Of the trump haters Ive been baffled at the know it all, everyone else is wrong, do it our way or we'll destroy you attitude of every single one of them. Just like the BLM people. Say "All lives matter and we'll stab you". No reasoning, just "we want it our way or we'll burn it to the ground"

Its actually very disturbing!

2 Likes

MattyECB -
Q Anon - Using FEAR propaganda to control people's lives is pretty disgusting, but it is happening to the U.S.

Tokyo, JP has a population of 37 million people and they're all congested into smaller land mass as compared to U.S areas.

Now get this, 37 million people in a congested area and they're averaging less than 100 positive cases per day.

New York City with a population of only 8 million is averaging 800 new cases per day.

How is this happening?

Only 2 logical explanations..

1) Covid 19 is actively seeking Westerners

2) The numbers being reported are flat out lies.

It's up to you to decide what is really going on..

Here's another scenario, Japan isn't filled with brain dead conspiritards that misunderstand personal freedoms and constitutional rights. Japanese actually wear masks and follow public health policy. They've been extremely effective at testing, contact tracing, and following PPE guidelines. 

Quite a few nations have already shown we can keep an economy running while staying safe if we're united and willing to sacrifice the smallest amount of comfort to save lives. Unfortunately that's apparently too tall an order for many Americans.

The man who sacrifices freedom for safety will have neither.

The freedoms we have in America are unique to the world, if you would rather have the safety of totalitarian countries I would respectfully suggest you move to one, rather than forcing your oppression on those who dont share your beliefs. 

1 Like

I am 64 yrs old. I have gone my entire life not wearing a mask and have remained remarkably healthy. I still don’t know of one person infected with Covid. If anyone doesn’t think this is just one step in controlling the population, I have some ocean front property In Indiana I will sell you. I am far more worried about the negative affects of all the hand sanitizers and antiseptic sprays being used everywhere.

SuperFightFan - 
Fedorthedrummer - 
onepunchJD -
tycoon - 
Q Anon -
onepunchJD - 
tycoon - Answer is simple. Japan wears masks and it is the norm. In the US too many people watched our President lead by example to refuse to wear a mask and the sheep followed suit using it as a political statement. Now we have a larger outbreak.

No need to lie. I've watched almost all his conferences and can back up everything I say. Like I said, sheep.

Un-American sheep.

It's not debatable.

I know a ton of Trump supporters and they’re all giant retards. Never walked away from a conversation with them thinking “wow, this person seems to have it together”. It’s always the same childish bullshit and when presented with facts they start to double down on their stupidity. It’s actually kind of amazing. 

Of the trump haters Ive been baffled at the know it all, everyone else is wrong, do it our way or we'll destroy you attitude of every single one of them. Just like the BLM people. Say "All lives matter and we'll stab you". No reasoning, just "we want it our way or we'll burn it to the ground"

Its actually very disturbing!

You two live in some alternate reality

Jed - I am 64 yrs old. I have gone my entire life not wearing a mask and have remained remarkably healthy. I still don’t know of one person infected with Covid. If anyone doesn’t think this is just one step in controlling the population, I have some ocean front property In Indiana I will sell you. I am far more worried about the negative affects of all the hand sanitizers and antiseptic sprays being used everywhere.

I know a bunch of people who’ve been infected. 

BostonCharm - 
Jed - I am 64 yrs old. I have gone my entire life not wearing a mask and have remained remarkably healthy. I still don’t know of one person infected with Covid. If anyone doesn’t think this is just one step in controlling the population, I have some ocean front property In Indiana I will sell you. I am far more worried about the negative affects of all the hand sanitizers and antiseptic sprays being used everywhere.

I know a bunch of people who’ve been infected. 

I know about 7 people that had it but only one needed hospitilization.

Fedorthedrummer - 
onepunchJD -
tycoon - 
Q Anon -
onepunchJD - 

Un-American sheep.

It's not debatable.

There are conservatives all over the place who argue the merits and the facts.

Conservatives are, usually, the adults in the room.

Sometimes people just get tired of saying the same things.

You hate America... we get it.

Maybe it only targets idiots that think being asked to wear a mask for everyones safety is some sort of attack on their freedom.

Even typing that made me laugh. Please, one of you retards, explain to me what the beef with masks is? On paper (and everywhere else tbh) it makes no sense. It seems like such a stange thing to make a stand about. I mean, clearly it is more serious than a black being murdered by the police but still...

I also love the way BLM get the blame for the supposed increase in infections but the marches against wearing a mask were being applauded here. How fucking retarded and hypocritical can you racists get?

I won't be too critical though, as there are plenty of very intelligent people that share the OGs view. Brendan Schaub for instance has been outspoken about not wearing a mask, so I won't pretend it is only simpletons that think like this.

Left_Hook_Cemetery - 

Maybe it only targets idiots that think being asked to wear a mask for everyones safety is some sort of attack on their freedom.

Even typing that made me laugh. Please, one of you retards, explain to me what the beef with masks is? On paper (and everywhere else tbh) it makes no sense. It seems like such a stange thing to make a stand about. I mean, clearly it is more serious than a black being murdered by the police but still...

I also love the way BLM get the blame for the supposed increase in infections but the marches against wearing a mask were being applauded here. How fucking retarded and hypocritical can you racists get?

I won't be too critical though, as there are plenty of very intelligent people that share the OGs view. Brendan Schaub for instance has been outspoken about not wearing a mask, so I won't pretend it is only simpletons that think like this.

Wearing a mask in the grocery store makes sense.

Wearing a mask while riding a bike or driving a car, is stupid.

Whatever small percentage of marches against masks are, insignificant compared to the multitude of idiot protestors, looters, and criminals destroying property and -- obviously-- spreading the Covid.

player101 -
gooddrewman -

gooddrewman

He didn't say anything even slightly anti american.

But if you refuse to wear a mask around others you while out and about you are absolutely anti american becuase you are contributing a potential spread of the virus. Think about that. If that's you, you're the problem.

onepunchJD -
Left_Hook_Cemetery - 

Wearing a mask in the grocery store makes sense.

Wearing a mask while riding a bike or driving a car, is stupid.

Whatever small percentage of marches against masks are, insignificant compared to the multitude of idiot protestors, looters, and criminals destroying property and -- obviously-- spreading the Covid.

Seems like a bit of a straw man. Are people being asked to wear a mask while driving?

Are the people complaining about wearing a mask fine with wearing it in enclosed spaces but just think places like a car are a bit much? I would argue that isn't the case at all. (No doubt many have this opinion but they are not the people marching. That is a perfectly reasonable position and one that I don't think any government has argued against)

Why do people make arguments like this? You surely don't believe what you just typed?

It's like when racists spend their waking hours spoouting racist shit but don't want to be known as a racist, so try to dress it up with every excuse and reason in the world.

If your position is respectable, why the need to dress it up? If it isn't, why not address that?