New study - Fish oil is BS!

https://vitals.lifehacker.com/omega-3s-aren-t-so-great-for-your-heart-after-all-1823578728

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Multivitamins are the only thing that soldiers on.

Krill > Fish 

Still helps for your joints at least. 

ProteinOverdrive -

https://vitals.lifehacker.com/omega-3s-aren-t-so-great-for-your-heart-after-all-1823578728

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Multivitamins are the only thing that soldiers on.

I believe a study came out last year that multivitamins were also bullshit.

You could just eat a plate of colorful vegetables, maybe with some healthy fat and a piece of steak, pork, chicken, or fish?

It tastes better an dyou have to eat anyway.

Zned - 

You could just eat a plate of colorful vegetables, maybe with some healthy fat and a piece of steak, pork, chicken, or fish?

This.

Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet.

Who would have thought...

billyball2 -
Zned - 

This.

It fucking bottles my mind that there is a large portion of people that think taking a magic pill (while eating garbage) makes sense, and can work.

One of the cardiologists in my deparment here at the University is doing research into Fish Oil. I will see what he says.

False.. I have personally experienced how it has helped with my joints/inflammation

It's all bullshit. This is why I will continue to eat a pound of red meat everyday, and feel good about it. 

And fuck fiber too. That shit leaves me bloated. 

I tried these omega 3 fish oil capsules a long time ago because they were supposed to be good for like everything. The side effect? Fish burps. All day, every time anything close to a burp occurred, I'd get a whiff of nasty old fish. I don't know if other people could smell it, but I sure could. 

Fuck that. 

billyball2 -
Zned - 

This.

You’d need like a 10,000 cal diet to get 100% 

Also for your one page on how it doesnt work, there is 20 that says it does. It certainly has helped my HDL

Vrill -

I tried these omega 3 fish oil capsules a long time ago because they were supposed to be good for like everything. The side effect? Fish burps. All day, every time anything close to a burp occurred, I'd get a whiff of nasty old fish. I don't know if other people could smell it, but I sure could. 

Fuck that. 

They make enteric coated ones that don't do that

Al Cappucino - 
billyball2 -
Zned - 

This.

It fucking bottles my mind that there is a large portion of people that think taking a magic pill (while eating garbage) makes sense, and can work.

This also. All else is just marketing BS. So many people I know who are supposed to be "awake" and into spirituality and in tune with their bodies, yet they fall blindly into the trap of supplement companies. This rare berry from the Peruvian mountains will make me never get sick again! Yeah sure dummy...

Zned -

Oh, come on!

Can’t we just eat cookies and shit then just take a pill (or six) to make us healthy?

Chopping up all those vegetables is a pain in the ass...

NicolasRGC -
Al Cappucino - 
billyball2 -
Zned - 

This.

This also. All else is just marketing BS. So many people I know who are supposed to be "awake" and into spirituality and in tune with their bodies, yet they fall blindly into the trap of supplement companies. This rare berry from the Peruvian mountains will make me never get sick again! Yeah sure dummy...

Well its called a “supplement”. Eat well and add in a multi- it can’t hurt

The only reason I take fish oil is for my joints as I lift heavy often.  Its one of the few supplements I've heard many high level coaches and athletes swear by for helping with joint inflamation.  Who gives a shit about it being good for your heart or not?

Well he just got back to me:

"What is controversial is whether ingestion of fish oil supplements is beneficial. The ingestion of seafood is not as it is quite clearly beneficial.  One issue of contention is whether folk ingest high enough doses of omega-3 fatty acids" 

I have a paper that was published in a medical journal that talks about it that he gave me.

mihow -
GaspareBJJ -
NicolasRGC -
Al Cappucino - 
billyball2 -
Zned - 

This.

Well its called a “supplement”. Eat well and add in a multi- it can’t hurt

Synthetic vit e can certainly hurt 

also Your krill oil nonsense post can hurt your wallet ( about 90% less omega 3 per cap )

im in for the scientifically illiterate to jerk each other off tho 

What can vit E do???

and Krill has more omega 3 than fishoil and they live short lives, less mercury