New Tank Abbott interview

sub

Ministry of Truth - Looking at Tank now, it's hard to believe his last fight was only 7 years ago.

He's been pretty honest about alcohol abuse leading to the position he is in today. And saying, many times, how lucky he is just to be alive. 

We're talking decades of heavy, daily, drinking. All the way to the point that his organs started tapping out. Always good to try and learn from other's mistakes.... I drink more than I should sometimes (especially during the friggin' pandemic) and have to remind myself.

1 Like

Tank loved his vodka and cranberry juice.

1 Like
Skillrules -
Bignightmare2 - 
colubrid1 - David Dementia Tank Abbott

It’s not dementia. He had a stroke. 

Multiple strokes.

Liver and kidney transplant. Definitely an uphill battle from here on in.

More like lingering and prolonging the inevitable. He’ll never have any real quality of life again. 

In

Skillrules - 
Ministry of Truth - Looking at Tank now, it's hard to believe his last fight was only 7 years ago.

He's been pretty honest about alcohol abuse leading to the position he is in today. And saying, many times, how lucky he is just to be alive. 

We're talking decades of heavy, daily, drinking. All the way to the point that his organs started tapping out. Always good to try and learn from other's mistakes.... I drink more than I should sometimes (especially during the friggin' pandemic) and have to remind myself.

Tank didn’t need to get in shape for his fights, he needed to get off the booze.

1 Like
Liyon - 
Skillrules - 

Tank didn’t need to get in shape for his fights, he needed to get off the booze.

Tank is a prime example of someone who burned the candle at both ends; his candle burned brighter than most, but now he’s nearly out of wax. :frowning:

Dude was a complete savage. OG NHB legend. Too bad there’s not some type of UFC life insurance. You should def. have a secondary career like our current Heavyweight Champ.

1 Like

One of the best moments ever in MMA history was Tank knocking the dog shot outta Hugo Duarte and looking straight into the camera and screaming ,”that was for Frank Sinatra baby”.

Sinatra passed the day before 

MilSpec - Dude was a complete savage. OG NHB legend. Too bad there's not some type of UFC life insurance. You should def. have a secondary career like our current Heavyweight Champ.

Tank was the first guy in the UFC that you went, “holy shit, that guy is scary”.

And if not for a couple of semi-final shenanigans, he could have potentially been UFC 6 tournament winner and UU96 tournament winner and easily in the UFC hall of fame.

1 Like

He made like 500k+ for like 12 WCW appearances lol. 

HillboFrateTrane - 

he was doing ok. always heard he was good with money. real estate and also has a trucking company he owns I think also.

he never seemed to be hurting for cash. I think it was the opposite that did him in more so. had he had to work steady his drinking would not have been so bad for so long.

HillboFrateTrane - 

Back in the early 2000’s when Tank wrestled. It was reported he made $700,000 x 3 years in WCW.