New TNA champion

Mr. Aaaaaaaandersonnnn.

... Aaaaaaandersoooonnnnn

why'd they take the strap off Jeff suddenly like that? because of his court trial?

Reason being they don't want negative press.

If the press does pick up on Jeff Hardy pleading guilty to drug charges and Jeff Hardy currently holds the title it will make the company look bad. They say any publicity is good publicity... however drugs and wrestling after all the tragedies over the years is one thing you don't want in the media.

But he's had the drug charges pending for quite a while anyway. If that's the case, why put the strap (and build so much hype) around him in the first place?

I was just about to double post and make that exactly point you just did Wiggy, but you beat me too it. That is a good question. I guess they didn't think things all the way through when they decided Hardy was going to be the key focal point of Immortal.

From a talent only basis I think they made an excellent choice of putting the strap on Hardy and turning him heel. However they have basically built up the Immortal group slowly since last year exactly at this time when Hogan debuted on Impact. That very night they had Sting in the rafters watching when Hogan so that was day one of the seed being planted in that storyline.

I hope they are able to rebound this angle from both Hogan's injury and Hardy's legal mess. Honestly it was one of the better long term wrestling story-lines any company has produced in quite some times.

Right now anyways it seems like the payoff of it is very little which is a shame. I just hope they have something planned upon Hogan's return/Hardy's legal mess gone to turn things around.

Last I have heard, Hardy is not expected to face any jail time as his charge is being lowered to only possession. So it shouldn't miss television, if he does it'll be very brief.

Actually, I think they did a good job of putting almost all the gold on the 4tune/Immortal faction. It's a hell of a payoff, and puts most of the gold on TNA originals. I really think the next step for the storyline is to have AJ Styles in the World Title picture, feuding with Anderson. Not to give Styles the strap, but just a long, bitter feud. Gets Anderson over as a great World Champ, and Styles stays in the highest profile storylines, and keeps 4tune a legit group. Having BMI and Kazarian as title holders as well makes them the legit top group.

AJ's injury is a bigtime bummer.

last I heard, Hardy will do 30-45 Days, so he can theoretically be on TV this week (and on however many other episodes they tape this week) and then not again until the Destination X ppv or the 1st TV taping theraafter to start building to the next big ppv Lockdown.

Anderson vs a returning Jeff Hardy at Lockdown makes since to me with the way Genesis went down and as theirs has been a well-built feud (dating back to their partnership and the big heel turn at Bound for Glory in October), the simmering feud between RVD and Jeff Hardy, which basically began at BFG, should begin to heat up after Lockdown.

With Hardy out of the next ppv and most likely jumping right back in, they should make the X Division the focus at Destination X IMO, including the main event

Wiggy - But he's had the drug charges pending for quite a while anyway. If that's the case, why put the strap (and build so much hype) around him in the first place?

because that is how they do things there.  If it made sense, it wouldn't be TNA.  The next best thing to do besides having it on a guy with drug charges is to put it on a guy who is likely to injure himself.

Wiggy - But he's had the drug charges pending for quite a while anyway. If that's the case, why put the strap (and build so much hype) around him in the first place?

Wrestling fans knew about his pending charges and don't care.

It's when he is actually sentenced/convicted that there will be some main stream media attention and they don't want that tied in with their current champ.