New to android and need assistance

Hey friends! I just recently got an android phone after being an iPhoner for a long time. What are some things I should know or do with this thing? Must have apps and things like that. I definitely need to know the best app to get free music. Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated Phone Post 3.0

Check the Darth ryase android threads. That's a good start. Phone Post 3.0

B Heals - Check the Darth ryase android threads. That's a good start. Phone Post 3.0
I'm on the phone so I have no search function. Do you have a link for it good sir? Phone Post 3.0

Why did you switch ? Every person I know that had an iPhone and went to android regretted after a day. I suppose with lots of use you will figure it all out, but why hassle yourself unless it's a necessity. Phone Post 3.0

Johnny_Bunzels - 
B Heals - Check the Darth ryase android threads. That's a good start. Phone Post 3.0
I'm on the phone so I have no search function. Do you have a link for it good sir? Phone Post 3.0

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2041466/The-Best-Android-Apps-by-Dr-Ryase/?&page=1

MoomBah - 
Johnny_Bunzels - 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2041466/The-Best-Android-Apps-by-Dr-Ryase/?&page=1

I just ttt'd it.

5541james - Why did you switch ? Every person I know that had an iPhone and went to android regretted after a day. I suppose with lots of use you will figure it all out, but why hassle yourself unless it's a necessity. Phone Post 3.0
So far I like it but I'd say for me right now it's apples and oranges. Each phone has features I like better than the other. Worst case scenario I'll switch back but I figured I'd try it out Phone Post 3.0

MoomBah -
MoomBah - 
Johnny_Bunzels - 

I just ttt'd it.
Thanks sir! Vtfu Phone Post 3.0

My first suggestion is get Nova Launcher. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know a single feature that's better on iPhone, unless I'm recommending a phone to my Mom.  

If you're into just easy sync and having everythng Apple, they've done a fantastic job at linking everything together.

If you'd like to tinker a little more and personalize your phone to a higher level, Android is better.

But really, a phone is email, calls, texts, browsing the net and misc apps to look at while shitting.  The experience really isn't dramatically different across any smartphone.  

imo, if you get a phone that fits comfortably in your hand and pocket and has a good battery life, you're pretty much set.  It's all the same shit.  

Darth Ryase - My first suggestion is get Nova Launcher. Phone Post 3.0
This!

Clean and simple...Can't stand icons everywhere!

Phone Post 3.0

Atlanta?  lol, you poor, poor man

Mencken -

Atlanta?  lol, you poor, poor man

Born and raised...it was glorious during the epic Braves run of the 90's, but has sadly come to an end lol. Now I'm in Dallas with a bunch of Cowboys fans. God hates me. Phone Post 3.0

Johnny_Bunzels - Hey friends! I just recently got an android phone after being an iPhoner for a long time. What are some things I should know or do with this thing? Must have apps and things like that. I definitely need to know the best app to get free music. Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated Phone Post 3.0
I too switched a few years back and love it.

Finding a good launcher is nice but they can slow your phone down depending on the launcher. I used go launcher when I had my HTC one X + (on a galaxy note 3 now) and it slowed it down.

What phone did you get if you don't mind me asking? Depending on the phone the suggestions will be different. Phone Post 3.0

These people saying they regretted switching from Apple are nuts. Just gave up my iPhone earlier this year and got a galaxy s5 and im mad that I didn't switch earlier. Its better in every way. Phone Post 3.0

Some apps I use all the time...

-Bleacher Report Team Stream
-Accu Weather
-Clean Master/Battery Doctor
-Drippler (I don't use this as much as I used to, but if you're new to Android, it's perfect)
-Keep Safe
-gTunes (free music downloader)
-Life Time Alarm Clock
-Reddit Is Fun Phone Post 3.0

siebe41 -
Johnny_Bunzels - Hey friends! I just recently got an android phone after being an iPhoner for a long time. What are some things I should know or do with this thing? Must have apps and things like that. I definitely need to know the best app to get free music. Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated Phone Post 3.0
I too switched a few years back and love it.

Finding a good launcher is nice but they can slow your phone down depending on the launcher. I used go launcher when I had my HTC one X + (on a galaxy note 3 now) and it slowed it down.

What phone did you get if you don't mind me asking? Depending on the phone the suggestions will be different. Phone Post 3.0
I have the Samsung alpha. Which as far as I can tell is pretty much the same as the s5 except the camera is not as good and it's a bit more rigid with the aluminum around it. That's what I've been told anyway. So far so good Phone Post 3.0

I had the s3 for a while and between that and my note 3 I've used mostly the same apps

Bacon reader for reddit.
Amazon Kindle app
Ug app ofc.
Bank app
Etc

I don't use a launcher with Samsung as I think their launcher works great.

I also have a c++ compiler (cppdroid) for coding.

Make sure to keep your nfc off unless you are using it. Had noticeable battery improvement when it's off. Phone Post 3.0

What I've seen is that people who come from the iPhone over to Android feel lost-like there are buttons and icons everywhere and it's hard to remember which does what, whereas Android users feel handcuffed because there are too few buttons.

With that in mind, get used to using the Home and Back buttons at the bottom.

Regarding the home button (at least on the Note 3 and many others), a long-press of the Home button will bring up a list of all apps currently running on the phone, and a quick way to shut-down all. I use that frequently to save battery life, because unlike ios, Android let's sooo many apps run in the background.

For apps, I use Astro file manager to search for things in a more pc like interface. Google cloud print let's you see and print to all local networked printers unless they're secured. Adobe reader is indispensable. If it's a Samsung, their WatchOn app has a good ir remote for most TV's.

If you are wary of google having all your info, smash your phone right now, but if you are okay with it there are a lot of helpful things it does almost automatically or easily, for example;
Tagging something in google maps on a pc while signed in to chrome will automatically show up in google maps on your phone while navigating, and bookmarks in chrome will sync between pc and mobile if you allow it. Google will also poll your calendar, and provide driving directions to your next meeting, etc. through their "google Now" interface, which is a little scary.

Sorry if someone already said all this.

siebe41 - I had the s3 for a while and between that and my note 3 I've used mostly the same apps

Bacon reader for reddit.
Amazon Kindle app
Ug app ofc.
Bank app
Etc

I don't use a launcher with Samsung as I think their launcher works great.

I also have a c++ compiler (cppdroid) for coding.

Make sure to keep your nfc off unless you are using it. Had noticeable battery improvement when it's off. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with all of this, I used a launcher with my Razr (which btw has the highest SAR among Android devices), but don't need one on my Note (Samsung).