New TV Advice

Bought a 65” Sony x900h recently after doing all the research and viewing as many models as I could. Great bang for your buck IMO. 

OLED is superior obviously but not by THAT much (to my eyes at least). And burn-in seems to be a real thing still and I’d get that for sure.

TCL owner here. Fraction of the price of competitors. No complaints.

DMC -

Bought a 65” Sony x900h recently after doing all the research and viewing as many models as I could. Great bang for your buck IMO. 

OLED is superior obviously but not by THAT much (to my eyes at least). And burn-in seems to be a real thing still and I’d get that for sure.

That’s what I landed on as well but the 75”.

I’m a fan, great for what I need.

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Steven McTowelie - 
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Canooke - 
DaveFu -

http://rtings.com\

is the go to site for reviews. 

I can't see splurging on a TV that isnt OLED. 

Bang for the buck, you can't beat the TCL 600 series. Anything below that (400 and below) is comparable to all the other bagain brands. Their top models are great for the price. I have a 55" in my cave and I love it. 

Website looks helpful.

it’s a badass site…used it for 4 tvs and a projector.

They are amazing with great detail, was all over that site when looking for my TV last month.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on it though. Every TV has a negative and I agonized too long over mine until I branched out and checked some other real world reviews and that sealed the deal for me.

Good to get some other opinions to combine with the insane level of data analysis on rtings.com.

Haha I did this too several years ago when looking to upgrade. 

The last while I've used it a simple guide but I pretty much use their calibration baselines on all my tv's and projector.

Tons of information is both good and bad!

I just bought a Samsung qled 70 series... My advice is to make sure whatever tv you get has Dolby vision and Dolby sound .. samsung using hdr 10 which SUCKS compared to Dolby vision. I spent 1200 on my tv and there was a vizio that was 600 that has Dolby vision and it looks better than my Samsung ... So just make sure u are getting something that can support Dolby vision.

thebehemoth73 -

I just bought a Samsung qled 70 series... My advice is to make sure whatever tv you get has Dolby vision and Dolby sound .. samsung using hdr 10 which SUCKS compared to Dolby vision. I spent 1200 on my tv and there was a vizio that was 600 that has Dolby vision and it looks better than my Samsung ... So just make sure u are getting something that can support Dolby vision.

That was one of my concerns because you won’t likely find both in a TV.

Ultimately went with the Dolby Vision. Was mesmerized for a week or 2 just watching 4K Dolby vision videos on YouTube lol