New UFC card SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Not a great card, but the UFC will be counting the piles of money made from it.

I suppose they can't all be top-notch. I guess. :(

Not top notch, but how about a LITTLE better ? It's not like they're charging less for this card, UFC PPV is higher than ever.

Well win or lose Doerkson always great to watch

Lutter and Franklin could be the sleeper match that surprises everyone

And Stout is always fun as well.

PLus Montreal has the best strippes in the world

Going to be a good time

FU all you jealous haters

It's like having the Olympics in Canada. Canadians go to see the hockey and to support the Canadian athletes. If they have to watch some figure skating while they wait, no big deal, they have beer.

whoaya - canada sux... badly

Shhh...your IQ is showing.

Can't wait for this card.

The card would be stellar if they had put a bunch of the LW matchups from UFN on it. So just be thankful that you got the matches you want to see for free, and now you can save your money and not order the card with all the pasty white americans. They did you a favor.

THEN DON'T WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Blame Canada!

^ Ah, you've still got the touch, Your Father.

Although I thought you might have been just a bit too obvious there.

Oh well, same old you. Just couldn't resist the referencing of nationality on this thread, could you.

(Although I'm somewhat surprised, and even admittedly disappointed, that you didn't throw in at least a little something about the continuing dominance of BJJ - hope you're not slipping.

No mention of how judo, sambo, and eastern Europeans suck, either. But hey, at least you still got in some of your usual pro-Brazilian, anti-Asian agenda.)

It's good to know that no matter how much this forum might change (and how many screen names he goes through), at least the basic themes of Your Father will still always remain the same.

That spot of consistency is at least somewhat comforting.

This is a bad card. I hope the fans speak with their wallets and forgo this type of card to send a message. Honestly, even the main event doesn't really excite me a whole lot.

lol, I totally disagree.

First of all, the card is worth it for the main event alone. What more could you ask for? GSP vs the only guy to ever destroy him in a rematch in GSP's home town? Amazing.

Then you get the former middle weight champ taking on the one guy to give Silva a (well sort of) run for him money.

Some other great fights on there too, so what if they aren't all big names. That often sets up some of the best fights.

I'm glad there is only 1 heavyweight fight. I HATE the heavyweights. In both boxing and MMA 90% of the time heavyweight fights = boring holding matches where they gas after the first round.

GSP v Serra is worth the buy anyway, hopefully some other fights go over really well. Franklin Lutter should be pretty good as well.

thelifecoach-"...Anyone who isn't interested in GSP, Serra, Herman, Maia, Lutter, and Franklin just isn't a fan...'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oh give me a break. I am a HUGE fan of this sport, train BJJ and boxing, and have been forking over hard earned cash for PPV's for well over a decade....and I couldn't care less about seeing Ed Herman, Travis Lutter, or Rich Franklin (who is a super nice guy, but ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz).

SKARHEAD - thelifecoach-"...Anyone who isn't interested in GSP, Serra, Herman, Maia, Lutter, and Franklin just isn't a fan...'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oh give me a break. I am a HUGE fan of this sport, train BJJ and boxing, and have been forking over hard earned cash for PPV's for well over a decade....and I couldn't care less about seeing Ed Herman, Travis Lutter, or Rich Franklin (who is a super nice guy, but ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz).

I'm interested in knowing which fighters you find exciting, if none of the above?

Lol at all the butthurt whiners. 

UFN was better

Bat21-"...I'm interested in knowing which fighters you find exciting, if none of the above?"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Are you serious ? Are you so much of a TUF N00B that you can't fathom fighters more exciting than Travis Lutter, Ed Herman, and Rich Franklin ???

Wow..ever heard of Quinton Jackson, Chuck Liddell, Noguiera, Fedor, Vanderlei Silva, Kasushi Sakuraba, Gomi, Prime Igor Vovchanchin, Alexander Emelienenko, Anderson Silva, etc. There's a BIG difference between guys like that and Ed herman or Travis Lutter.

BTW I am in no way complaining about the GSP/ Serra rematch. That's awsome, but the rest of the card SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

you cant really judge a card before it happens. unless u can see into the future, which none of u can.

nhmmafan - "you cant really judge a card before it happens. unless u can see into the future, which none of u can."

- Actually, you CAN really judge a card before it happens.

In fact, that's the only real way you can fairly judge a card - beforehand, based on which fighters the promotion put into the lineup.

Now you can judge the EVENT itself afterwards - based on how the fights themselves actually played out.

But that's up to how the fighters ended up fighting. It was out of the promotion's hands then.

But how well the promotion has done its job is ultimately measured in how they put that card together to begin with - before the actual event takes place.

Because if a promotion puts together an absolutely stacked lineup - where every fight is a matchup between two top fighters - and even if those fights then turn out to stink, you certainly can't blame the promotion for it.

In fact, they should still be lauded. They did all they could.

But likewise, you can blame the promotion for putting together a weak, diluted card in the first place.

Even if UFC 84 (which is stacked) should have the fights themselves actually turn out to be lackluster and end up with a disappointing EVENT overall - that's not really on the UFC, is it.

Assembling a worthy card was the promotion's job - and then whether the event and the fights themselves turn out to be exciting is the fighters'.

With UFC 84, the UFC has put together a truly PPV-worthy CARD.

Now whether it turns out to be a worthy EVENT will depend on the fights and fighters themselves.

But with UFC 83, however, the UFC has put together a card that leaves much to be desired.

Even if the event itself turns out to have fights that rock - the credit then goes more to the fighters than the promotion that put this card together to keep it on the cheap.