new UFC game is horrible

Got today and am very dissapointed.  Already bord with it.  NOt realistic at all, ground game is horrible and fighters that share the same attribute ( muay thai, boxing etc...) have the same exact moves.  It is fun but not what i though it would be

Shut your big gaping face hole.

I have to agree. I don't really like the game.

THP - I have to agree. I don't really like the game.

I like it but who cares what other people think - if you hate it, go trade it in for something else, if you love it then awesome - see you guys online

^ last I read you were 2-0-0, whats the story now?

Guess you should have played the demo before buying it.

Where are you goings buying the game early at? Best Buy told me May 19th. I saw a preview for it during this weeks TUF and it said available now...

DaSquidge - ^ last I read you were 2-0-0, whats the story now?

Im still 2-0  haha online is a bit laggy and Im just nervous to lose my undefeated record lol  Ive been kicking some ass and getting my ass kicked in social matches though

southsti - Where are you goings buying the game early at? Best Buy told me May 19th. I saw a preview for it during this weeks TUF and it said available now...

this

I agree with amc. I got the game as well and I'm HIGHLY disappointed. The ground game is atrocious, even BJJ gods like Damien Maia are limited to one or two submission moves per position. It's not smooth and intuitive, and at the expert level, it's impossible to submit anyone.

The career mode is a huge disappointment as well. It's impossibly shallow, repetitive and downright boring. There aren't any other modes worth playing either.

All in all, the Pride game on the PS2 released years ago was a better MMA game.

the reviews so far have been good 

The game is fun... sure, there's places it could be better, but it is just a game.

I'll be buying it Tuesday :)

On the plus side fight night round 4 is absolutely fucking amazing and surpassed 3 in every aspect, and 3 was an amazing game as well with the most replayability of anything on the 360 imo.

The FIght Night games are pretty bad too, but comparing it to the UFC titles is like comparing two different turds of shit. Sure one smells a helluva lot less than the other, but it's still shit at the end of the day.

I don't know what people expected. Western fighting games have never been good w/ the exception of Mortal Kombat 2 and Weapon Lord really. And even THAT'S a stretch. Fighting games just isn't the US' forte, really.

Like most yearly assembly line franchises from the States, its the license that makes the money. Without it, the product would be exposed as garbage even easier. But since it has the UFC branding, no one will know it's shit until they plunk down their money. Too late, you fell for it...again. See you again next year, ala the Smackdown series.

im glad not everyone likes it, my online record will be that much better. i played the FNR4 demo and it is good, but i cant see myself playing FNR4 more than the UFC game.

The game is ridculously unrealistic, but causual gamers will enjoy it, I suppose.

Well, EA Sports didn't have boxing down perfect with the first Knockout Kings, nor did they with the first Fight Night. If this THQ UFC series gets to the 3rd or 4th iteration, we'll probably be dealing with a pretty sweet MMA simulation by then.

It's our jobs as consumers to let game developers know what they implemented successfully and what they absolutely failed on. Post your opinions on popular game based message boards, they'll have someone reading!

lol @ this thread. Most of us have the Demo jackasses, we already knows how the game plays. If i had this much fun using just Chuck and Shogun, Im gonna have a ton of fun using everyone else. My guess is you fucking noobs dont know the moves or the controls so you are doing the same shit over and over on begineer

"Western fighting games have never been good w/ the exception of Mortal Kombat 2 and Weapon Lord really"

lol @ trying to lump Fight Night and UFC in with Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. The first two are fighting simulations, the latter are just bizarre hand-eye coordination and button-memorization contests that happen to use human figures onscreen to show the results. Japanese "fighting" games have nothing whatsoever to do with attempting to model a fight. You might as well compare Ghost Recon with Heavy Barrel or Falcon 2.0 with Xevious.