New UFC Undisputed 3 Gameplay Video: Ground Game

Looks sick!!!

Edit: They re-downloaded the video. Here is the new link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD1GkSoBIlY

Embed for iPhone? Thank you! Phone Post

PrimeLiddellForLife - I'm not falling for this again.

Here's what's new in the game:

- Submission mini-game
- Fighter entrances
- PRIDE mode
- Different variations of takedown.

I've watched other videos of gameplay and the commentary actually is reused lines from the other UFC game, which reused lines from the UFC game before that as well.

The striking system still is stiff. Controlled animations that unlike EA MMA, give a less realistic feeling.

The camera angle change makes it seem more like a UFC fight, but it's far from a worthy purchase right now.

I'd be wrong to say I won't rent it and give it a chance, but I'm far from impressed by this, and they've had more time between this last game than they did with 09 and 10 to make more changes.

THQ is fucking horrible, and UFC will be missing out on potential millions more by not siding with a better company like EA. When they signed that deal into 2018 (I think?) I couldn't believe how stupid Zuffa was. You do NOT need THQ, a company with a history of phoning it in on yearly titles (just play any of their wrestling games in the last seven years--only about two made any real changes) as your designer.

Which is sad because the fanbase of UFC appeals to young males, the same that represent of majority of video game playing.

That's not all that is different for UFC 3. Sweeps are back, a new "clinch hold points" system that won't allow you to cage hump like in UFC 2010. Mocapping of a lot of the fighters. Ability to take roster fighters through career mode. New venues. New submissions. Way better hit detection. Amateur controls for the newer players to the game. 80 stats leveler. Stamina simulation mode. Comp spec mode that allows you to remove all random elements like flash KOs and doctor stoppages. Leg kick TKOs, possibility of breaking a guys leg. Seated positions against the cage. You left out quite a bit bud.

Not to mention a whole new mode for offline called "Ultimate". New KO animations. "Finish the Fight" which allows you to keep striking the opponent after a KO. A new in game tutorial system for new guys. Feedback from your corner on what you need to do better. The whole audio element has been changed. You will actually hear feedback from the commentators when you get cut. Customization for entrances using CAFs, with the ability to select your own walkout music, your gear, even what the guys that walk out with you are doing.

Uh...yes. They mocapped a lot of the top fighters. They will have their own signature moves and strikes. They added two new stats, footwork and the ground grapple has been split into two different ones. Top and bottom. They did have sweeps in 2010, but only certain fighters had them. Oh, and one of the biggest things. NO GAMESPY SERVERS. THQ is in the process of making their own to support the game.

They took the best from 09 and 2010 and added new things to the game as well. Hell, they even added sways from the bottom where you can sway out of the way of strikes from your opponent on top of you.

fishingtime - Uh...yes. They mocapped a lot of the top fighters. They will have their own signature moves and strikes. They added two new stats, footwork and the ground grapple has been split into two different ones. Top and bottom. They did have sweeps in 2010, but only certain fighters had them. Oh, and one of the biggest things. NO GAMESPY SERVERS. THQ is in the process of making their own to support the game.

Great news on the servers can't wait to buy the game

And what do you mean by footwork and ground grapple have been split up? If footworks a stat then Dominic Cruz is gonna have a overall of 94 and destroy everything in his class

Harold_Howard -  Lol, Fishingtime is the moderator of the undisputed forums. The guys a huge THQ nuthugger, he nut hugged his way into being the mod of the forum. THQ could tell him the games been scrapped for a curling game and he'd support it.

I'm not the only moderator there bud. I point out things that I don't like with the games. It is the best game out there. If you think EA MMA was, check out the sales figures. That game dropped to $20 quicker than hell. It was not just because it didn't have the UFC brand attached to it. The game was dull. One button transitions? Come on. EA did do a lot of things right, but supply and demand also tell the story of a game.

Purgey - 

Great news on the servers can't wait to buy the game

And what do you mean by footwork and ground grapple have been split up? If footworks a stat then Dominic Cruz is gonna have a overall of 94 and destroy everything in his class

Footwork is a stat all alone. The ground game has been split into two. You will have a different stat for the top on the ground, and the bottom on the ground.

PrimeLiddellForLife -

Hahaha, way to confirm your bias. EA MMA was worse than UFC 2010? Please. Your only counter point was "well the sales figures are low" There's many games out there that were commercial failures that still were praised highly.

I also pointed out the one button transitions. Yeah, I'm biased, but on the fact that I played both games and liked one better than the other. EA MMA was probably better than 2010 on a lot of aspects, but I didn't care for the game. That's my own personal opinion. 2010 had a lot of faults with the game, but it was still funner to me than EA MMA.

Harold_Howard - You're mentally retarded if you don't think having a UFC logo on a game wouldn't drastically increase sales. True MMA fans played both, and in my experience by talking to people online about both games, the hardcore MMA fans were mostly playing EA. I played against soooo many people who just picked Lesnar/GSP/Silva, just because they were the only fighters they knew about. Proving that they bought the name because it said UFC. The type of people who think you "trane ufc".

No bud, I'm realistic. Most people used created fighters anyways.

When the hell will the games announcers be able to actually pronounce your user created fighter? I would love to hear buffer yell my name (no homie) before the fight. U know u do to.. Phone Post

EA MMA was way better then that shit THQ put out

Harold_Howard - 
Your bias is unbelievable...

BTW, Justin Beiber out sold a lot of bands with his record sales. MUST MEAN HE'S BETTER THAN ALL THEM!!!!

Dude, I posted the thread to let people that want to know about the game know the video is out. I'm not here to debate EA MMA vs UFC Undisputed. I may be biased by the fact that I like one game more than the other, but that is really more of a personal preference thing. One guy posted that it was 2010 with a few new things, but he left out a ton of other new things. Play the demo when it comes out and make your own choice to buy the game or not. The video has been posted, thank you Pride Rules, so watch it or not. It is up to you.

Peace

I played both the only reason I play MMA is for the roster but the game has 5 punches and 6 kicks one button transitions/blocks/takedowns and body spammers not to mention it was more noob friendly with the striking

I like the ability to use different fighters and have different strikes like from Wanderlei to Rampage to Lyoto all different in game the different Transitions and Submissions..the new sub system looks like shit though and I have 225 wins in ranked by sub out of 310 so it'll effect me a lot

I say UFC beats MMA but not by much I love both games and will be picking up the next ones

Still no submission blocking? That's just terrible. Phone Post

Pride Rules -

Thanks!!! Phone Post

Shope_1990 - Still no submission blocking? That's just terrible.

Yes, there is submission blocking in UFC Undisputed 3.

they basically stole the submission tapout sequence from ea mma

People need to stop saying EA MMA was a better MMA game. The intent was fantastic. The implementation was garbage. It was a game play failure.

UFC Undisputed has not taken as many risks but is much more playable.

Day 1 purchase for me just for the new fighters and added weight classes. Any new game play features is an added bonus.