New WCW dvd contains NO Chris Benoit

WTF?!

limited set of tools? wow

Benoit is the guy who tossed the WCW title in the trash after he won it, that was epic. What happened between him and WCW was a big turning point for that company.

Sure, he loved wrestling probrobly a little too much.

I know what your trying to do Vandelay, go promote John Cena and your family programming elsewhere.

I support you're opinion Art.

I disagree with it completely but I support you're opinion.

Hell, it's cool to not be a clone and have different opinions about stuff.

See NUCKIN, that's how a disagreement is done with class.

I also dont agree but ArtV is entitled to his opinion so its alright in my book.

Benoit did suck

Art and I seem to understand pro wrestling better than the rest of you.

ArtV - 
Kido777 - Benoit is the guy who tossed the WCW title in the trash after he won it, that was epic. What happened between him and WCW was a big turning point for that company.

I know what your trying to do Vandelay, go promote John Cena and your family programming elsewhere.

I had no thoughts of Cena when I posted.  Keep reaching.

I'm not reaching Vandelay, go save the world for those 4th graders you teach somewhere else.

ArtV - 
Kido777 - 
ArtV - 
Kido777 - Benoit is the guy who tossed the WCW title in the trash after he won it, that was epic. What happened between him and WCW was a big turning point for that company.

I had no thoughts of Cena when I posted.  Keep reaching.

I'm not reaching Vandelay, go save the world for those 4th graders you teach somewhere else.

We are having a discussion about wrestlers and you have gone to that?

Yeah elementary teachers are worthless, you are right.

Remember, you said that not me.

BTW everyone don't run to defend Vandelay all at once.

shame, but to be expected I suppose. Maybe I will watch Hard Knocks again after I watch this one

Chris Benoit sucked? Get the fuck outta here!!!

Look, it doesn't matter if you like Benoit or not. When he left WCW you could see the writing on the wall after that.

When the WWE releases a dvd on the Rise and Fall of WCW and doesn't include Benoit that just shows you how far WWE will go to ignore what really happened.

Vandelay just wants to discuss Wrestling VS. Entertainment again, which is not the purpose of this thread.

ArtV - I think he SUCKED to be honest.

Yeah that is the guy.  Yeah he is a great mat wrestler, but shit, the guy went way too far with his limited set of tools.

Funny how the "hardcore" fans know very little about the business.

This guy as a main event face?  After the Rock and Stone Cold?

WCW TV champion is as far as he should have ever gone IMO.  No I am not saying this because of what went down.  I always thought he was the most boring guy on TV.

sorry guys

so you think the same about the dynamite kid too?

and bret hart?
and davey boy shith
and the anvil

because they technically all were solid wrestlers, but each had a limited set of tool which they used to their fullest to be the workers they were.

none were super flashy, or multidimensional outside of 1 or 2 main focuses.

i liked him, but i can see where people wouldn't like his work.

ArtV -  No I do not think the same about Bret Hart.

how?
same move set in every match
same lead up to the same finish.

same promos each time.
same mannerisms.

isnt that what would define a limited skill set as you described Benoit?

Dude Chris Benoit sucked in every way once he stepped outside of the ropes. Even in the ring he looked like a 5'10" dwarf with that big head and torso with short arms and legs.

ArtV -  On their website, if you look at the Royal Rumble winners, they also ommited him and there is just a blank spot there.

That's what I'm talking about, if you want to understand the monday night wars Benoit is a key part of that. Studying what happened to Chris Benoit helps people understand what was going on at the time in WCW.

When people study history they often put a magnifying glass to one part of it and use it to understand the whole (ex. The Housing Bubble). The fact the WWE wants to ignore all that because of what happened later in his life is ridiculous.

I understand that Benoit had very little to no personality, but still he had somewhat of a cult following if you will. So he was important in the big scheme of things.

ArtV - Yes and I am not saying I agree or disagree with it, but they did it for a reason.  Had he just killed himself, he would still be included.

So because of the morality issue, people who are just now getting involved watching WWE programming are going to have a slanted understanding of WCW.

Don't you love the subtle intracacies of Professional Wrestling?

Not surprised at all by this.

He put on some great work in WCW, but it always on the back burner to the garbage of the NWO and others. 

Read Jericho's book as he describes in detail about the "caste system" of WCW and what was thought about some of the great "cruiserweight" performances that went down.  They were dismissed as nothing.

Also, Benoit's WCW title win was nothing to him personally.  He wanted the fuck out of WCW whether he got the belt or not, which explains why he left before they could even screw on the name plate.

And lol @ Art

He ropes you guys EVERY TIME.

ArtV -  No he didn't suck I shouldn't have said that.

Overrated. 

Bret Hart could get the crowd going and cut great promos unlike Mr. Roboto. 

Also, this is only my opinion, which is obviously unpopular.

Benoit was a worker. An enforcer. He was what the sport was originally based on. I am glad he was who he was when he was alive as a WRESTLER.

Id take his match over brets any day.
benoit was fun to watch. no one rivaled his intensity