New Wow Toon for Ry- please add

Taking a break from Ammazzo after reaching 40. The new guy is Ryanthelion. Belf Pally.

Gord, i tried to friend add you, did you switch servers?

enjoy the nerf bat coming in patch 3.3

pally nerf in the works?

Yeah I guess blizzard finally decided that the most defensive class in the game that can bubble-imune themselves, heal themselves, blessing of freedom themselves, and insta-cast heal themselves to full with lay-on-hands shouldn't be going around autoswinging the fuck out of people for a billion damage as well.

Don't do it Ry! :D

Re-roll-itis is a serious disease, and can take months to kick once it sets in. Keep with one toon, get it to 80, learn the game there, you will interact will all the classes in some capacity, then you can find one you will like.

I got blizzard by the balls. If they decide to make things even and nerf my pally then they have to hook up the shittiest character. And guess what.

Then I switch ti my now post 3.3 OP Level 40 Shadow Priest lol.

Honestly I just want to make an Worgen Rogue so damn bad, cant wait for cata.

But yeah playing the pally after leveling to 40 with my priest im like WTF. This guy can put out damage, have crazy buffs, heal and already at lvl 20 has 2 silence spells (stun kick and arcane torrent) And I got to level 20 with the pally in 2 days lol.

I actually wanted to see what melee classes were alll about. Figured I bring this guy to 40 also and then pick which one I enjoy more before going all the way to 80.

I will say as a priest people were way nicer to me. People would wave, salute me, randoms would come and give me gifts and money. As a Pally I had 3 people already spit on me.
Also i was turning down group request left and right with the priest. As a pally I cant buy my way in one.

dont wait for Cataclysm. It wont be out for over a year. get something to 80 so you can experience some of the endgame in WotLK. :)

unless 3.3 kicks me in the balls so far Im thinking pally. I really like getting bad ass armor and swords also.

Paladins
[Sacred Shield]: The damage absorption effect from this ability now triggers only once every 30 seconds.
Talents
Holy
[Infusion of Light]: This talent now also reduces the cooldown on the effect of Sacred Shield by 12/24 seconds.
Protection
[Divine Guardian]: This talent no longer increases the amount of damage transferred to the paladin from Divine Sacrifice. Instead it causes all raid and party members to take 10/20% reduced damage while Divine Sacrifice is active. In addition, the duration has been changed to 6 seconds, however the effect does not terminate when Divine Sacrifice is removed before its full duration.
[Divine Sacrifice]: Redesigned. The effect of Divine Sacrifice is now party-only and the maximum damage which can be transferred is now limited to 40% of the paladin's health multiplied by the number of party members. In addition, the bug which allowed Divine Sacrifice to sometimes persist despite reaching its maximum damage has been fixed. Divine Sacrifice will now cancel as soon as its maximum damage value is exceeded in all cases. Finally, damage which reduces the paladin's health below 20% now cancels the effect early.
Priests
[Power Word: Shield]: This spell can now be cast on non-raid/party friendly targets.
Talents
Shadow
[Improved Devouring Plague]: This spell now deals 10/20/30% of its total periodic effect instantly, up from 5/10/15%.
[Mind Flay]: The range of this ability has been increased to 30 yards, up from 20.
[Shadowform]: This talent also now causes [Devouring Plague], [Shadow Word: Pain], and [Vampiric Touch] to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.
[Vampiric Embrace]: This talent now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff and only generates healing for single-target shadow damage spells.
Pet
Avoidance: Now reduces the damage your pet takes from area-of-effect damage by 90%, but no longer applies to area-of-effect damage caused by other players

According to an insider the only scary thing Pallys are worried about is a nerfe that will make Lay on hands only usable on others. Which would indeed freaking suck.

Sounds like spriest are getting hooked up nicely. What to do you think Gord?

RyPuhnie - Sounds like spriest are getting hooked up nicely. What to do you think Gord?

I'm not gord, but I can tell you that the buffs Spriests are getting will only put them "near" other hybrid classes in terms of dps. Its not gonna help shadow much in pvp really and honestly Shadow priests are a good 1K, yes 1K dps behind most other hybrid dps classes. Some say even more like 1.4K dps behind.

So think of it as much needed buffs to keep up instead of Shadow is going to be crazy.

Since when is level 40 time to roll another toon? Seriously get a character to 80 and play it there awhile

I like VE being a 30minute buff.

the reason pally's are getting that nerf is cause they can become a one-man army. in the echo's of war patch they were unbelivably overpowered but since then they've been getting the nerf bat.
the lay on hand spell is one of those spells that will gurantee a victory for a pally when he/she bubbles.
the other night i was in wsg, i saw a be pally taking on 5-6 alliance by himself and he can out on top.

in blizz's quest to balance all the class's. dk's and paly's are alway's going to see a nerf or buff every patch. that's why i never rolled one yet. if you want a melee class try rolling a warrior or level you're priest to 55 and roll a dk.

RyPuhnie - Sounds like spriest are getting hooked up nicely. What to do you think Gord?

what Mako said. In my opinion if you play a priest you should be a healer. shadow priest is cool and all but it never seems to be overly great, while priests are amazing pve and pvp healers.

in truth the game really doesnt start till 80 so dont worry about reading patch notes. the paladin is a fine class if you want to smash stuff. and when u get him to 55 u can take a DK for a spin. the DK start zone is worth trying out a DK alone.

Thanks,

i didnt know they had quest caps either. It just told me I could only complete 24 more quest today. I guess Blizz is telling me to get outside for a change lol.